Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lucas Gourna-Douath

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
they’re quite different. caicedo defends more like an 8 but LGD is more of a pure 6 i’ve always thought. and in that aspect i’d say he has a higher ceiling. you’re a ST holder so obviously you will have seen more than me, but everything you look for in a good DM, LGD has it.

we ultimately wouldn’t know how he’ll adapt until he’s here. the difference between the two is only around 30 PL games
Last season Salzburg really only had competition from Sturm Graz and LASK. The team that finished 4th had 25 points - Salsburg had 49. So most of the season was a stroll in the park and it's difficult to say how well LGD could do in the intensity of the EPL. Havng said that, he had a great game against Roma at home in the Europa League. Salzburg as a club is very comfortable with its role as a stepping stone for developing players, and LGD to Brighton may well make sense - but I'd have thougt another year at Salzburg might be right for the player. (But what do I know?)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So is he Gourna come?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm a season ticket holder at RB Salzburg. Gourna-Douath is good, but he's no Caicedo. He is now established in the Salzburg team, but he's had less than a year at this level - and the Austrian Bundesliga is nowhere near the intensity of the Premier League. I think Salzburg paid €12 million for him.

It's ok, when we bought Moises he wasn't as good as Caicedo either but then we made him better.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
IMG_7593.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here