Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lucas Gourna-Douath

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
No idea of the reliability of this source, but we are after RB Salzburg’s Lucas Gourna-Douath as a replacement for Caicedo, allegedly.

if you think Moises has a high ceiling, wait till you see this guy. Mentioned him on the possible replacements thread, he would be absolutely ideal. Not even sure if we’d notice a drop in quality this season. Won’t be cheap, however

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Well this would be a sublime replacement. Get Desire Doue in as well whilst we are at it.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Flair name too :)

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Looks to be same make & model of Caicedo & Bissouma.
Loves a tackle...not seen tackles in the middle of the park since Richard Carpenter played for us!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You don’t think we’ve probably had contacts with Salzburg all summer long? We wouldn’t just wait until Moises is gone that’s not how we operate
Of course.
But if Salzburg have any business acumen at all - we’ve just been paid £111m.
What would you do?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I'm a season ticket holder at RB Salzburg. Gourna-Douath is good, but he's no Caicedo. He is now established in the Salzburg team, but he's had less than a year at this level - and the Austrian Bundesliga is nowhere near the intensity of the Premier League. I think Salzburg paid €12 million for him.
they’re quite different. caicedo defends more like an 8 but LGD is more of a pure 6 i’ve always thought. and in that aspect i’d say he has a higher ceiling. you’re a ST holder so obviously you will have seen more than me, but everything you look for in a good DM, LGD has it.

we ultimately wouldn’t know how he’ll adapt until he’s here. the difference between the two is only around 30 PL games

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Of course.
But if Salzburg have any business acumen at all - we’ve just been paid £111m.
What would you do?
Depends if we had anything agreed in principle which triggered on the sale of Moises

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm a season ticket holder at RB Salzburg. Gourna-Douath is good, but he's no Caicedo. He is now established in the Salzburg team, but he's had less than a year at this level - and the Austrian Bundesliga is nowhere near the intensity of the Premier League. I think Salzburg paid €12 million for him.
Your claims of being a season ticket holder with RB Salzburg immediately lose all credibility as nowhere in your post do you mention he is shitehouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here