Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
An ability to recognise what Skalak brings to our game (over Murphy and especially LuaLua) is a strong indication of the separation that exists amongst us, of those that fully comprehend and appreciate what we're watching and those that will only ever observe football on a very base level. Look a little harder, it's there to see why Hughton rates him.

A fully fit Solly, a different matter. I cannot wait for Hughton to alternate Solly and Skalak depending on what's needed from one game to the next.

LuaLua has always been an extremely selfish, greedy player and he has been well and truly found out. Can't cross, dives too much, badly, (Skalak could give him a master class) doesn't track back and defend, never 100% fit. Yet in his head he thinks he's AK. Moody, stroppy. Not for me thanks. Used to beat a man, (and not a lot else) now he can't even do that.

All that said, him and Bong definitely had it going on. They really worked for each other(?) clearly good buddies. I hope Solly and Bong can develop the same by the end of the season, because Bong and Skalak may never have it, even when Bong gets back to 100%. (He's not even half way yet, but getting there slowly.)

I am obviously simple minded so please could you explain what he brings? He is tenacious but doesn't cover for the fullbacks effectively, he doesn't have the pace or trickery to beat a man very often. His end product is generally poor and his free kicks, which are supposed to be the strongest part of his game have not been good enough so far this season. Added to the fact he doesn't score many goals, I'd prefer an inconsistent, unpredictable LuaLua any day, even though he is not ideal either.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Skalak does nothing away from home , luxury player , we need to play with 3 central midfield if he starts , or just play him at home , can play lua lua who would do a better job away from home ,or play Murphy away from home

You could say the same about Knockhaert

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Squad only 25 men strong. We need replacements if any go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here