Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Watching him yesterday up the middle was painful...and he was still our most threatening player

He would be, if he could learn to look up and make decisions, rather than blasting the ball way over the top of the goal. He has the skills, but he needs to get his footballing brain into gear sometimes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He would be, if he could learn to look up and make decisions, rather than blasting the ball way over the top of the goal. He has the skills, but he needs to get his footballing brain into gear sometimes.

My view is that he needs to get his footballing brain into gear most of the time. He did it against Charlton, with that dinked cross for Dunk's second equaliser. But this was the exception rather than the rule with LuaLua. His talent is undoubted, but that will only get you so far. He needs to: learn to play first-touch passes; recognise that only very occasionally is it a good thing for him to slow the game down when he receives the ball; be more aware of his team-mates and their movement; and pick the right moment to shoot.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
He had four shots last night from range. 2 forced a save 2 didn't. Hardly a disgrace

I can't remember the 2nd shot on the target but the one I remember was hardly any danger to the keeper, fairly weak and straight at the keeper.

Average player if started or one of the best in the league if brought on after 60 minutes... I know which option I'd chose as a manager.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My view is that he needs to get his footballing brain into gear most of the time. He did it against Charlton, with that dinked cross for Dunk's second equaliser. But this was the exception rather than the rule with LuaLua. His talent is undoubted, but that will only get you so far. He needs to: learn to play first-touch passes; recognise that only very occasionally is it a good thing for him to slow the game down when he receives the ball; be more aware of his team-mates and their movement; and pick the right moment to shoot.

I've amended my view (see above) on LuaLua, who looks our most improved player this season. And this is because of his game-play, which seems to have improved immeasurably. We just need a goalscorer to get on the end of the chances that he's creating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here