Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lualua - more than a super-sub?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ah now you have hit upon the reason we are getting our knickers in a twist.

It would appear we no longer try to win games early.

Oscar backs our defense not to concede.
In an ideal world we nick a goal, within an hour.
As the opposition attack us, Oscar makes attacking substitution.
Either exploiting the space.
Or pushing them back so we're defending from the front.

T'is a brave new world.

The only flaw at the moment would be the Albion not being ready for a team that doesn't want to attack, for the full 90 minutes.

The other flaw is when the Oppo win the game (2-0) before the 60 min 'marker' see hull, Wigan, Watford & then have the cheek to defend

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"Lualua - more than a super-sub?"

No. That's EXACTLY what he is. For whatever reason, he is FAR more effective coming off the bench than when he starts.

We could do with getting him on a bit earlier though, if things are not working. 55 minutes, rather than 75.

Agree 100%.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He's had plenty of good games where he's started, people just have selective memories.

Agree with this. Around January I think Birmingham & Bournemouth at home and a few games either side he was amongst our best players and started most games.

In today's game it really is a squad game so his going to get many more chances to start, it's just great we have competition for places on the wing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
At the moment he is super sub, but he has been, and will be again, a 90 minute player.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Me too. He was also found out a bit against Hull indicating he'd struggle at the higher level - better defenders didn't fall for his tricks and were more able to match his pace. Can't remember him beating anyone in either game like he does week in/week out off the bench. When he has started, he's looked completely bushed after an hour too.

Elmo played exceptionally well. Full backs in the Championship are not so good. Some are so poor, I think we could play Lualua from the start for the rest of the season at home.

I still like him tried in the second striker role currently occupied by Lingard. It will mean he will to have up his game a bit though.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Brilliant off the bench but he's not the same player when he starts - I'm not sure why, perhaps as the opposition are more tired late on but he's nowhere near as effective when he starts. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Kaz but IMO right now he's much better off the bench.

that^

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here