Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I like KLL, but poor tonight. As others have said he was knocked off the ball far too easily and looked like he was playing for fouls ... which the ref generally ignored.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on...that was a very poor premier league team with a number of senior players missing. LuaLua is a great impact player (whether he likes it or not) and the evidence is there for all to see

Really? I thought Hull were v good as were we..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Give the guy a break. Once average game all season and three players man marking him whenever he got the ball. He isn't a miracle worker!

I know! I thought he did ok - average yes I like that description. Andrews was the only player I thought had a poor game. And Obika.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Blimey. The guy was a hero at the weekend and now he's shit? Just came up against a good player who had him sorted. Wasn't as wide as usual so not getting round the back and when he cut in, hull blocked him off every time. It happens. Maybe next week he'll find a gap and score the winner. Fickle doesn't start to describe some of our 'fans'

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's not as if we had our strongest team out is it? We had 4 youngsters playing the 2nd half and they done themselves proud against a premier league team.

I cant count make that 5 youngsters. Dunk, Chicksen, Ince, JFC & March.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm not sure he has the focus for 90 minutes and am starting to become tired of him flinging himself on the floor, referees are also aware of him now. he drifts in and out of the game and some of his passing was very poor. We've been here before with him given a chance to start and he falters every time. he made so many wrong choices last night it was almost predictable what he would do when he got the ball.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Blimey. The guy was a hero at the weekend and now he's shit? Just came up against a good player who had him sorted. Wasn't as wide as usual so not getting round the back and when he cut in, hull blocked him off every time. It happens. Maybe next week he'll find a gap and score the winner. Fickle doesn't start to describe some of our 'fans'
How very true...it's seems that some fans have contributed to Barnes leaving by the moaning at him...now they want a new target...but cannot make up their minds whether it's going to be KLL,Buckers,Greer....gives a new meaning to "We're support like you've never seen..."

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How very true...it's seems that some fans have contributed to Barnes leaving by the moaning at him...now they want a new target...but cannot make up their minds whether it's going to be KLL,Buckers,Greer....gives a new meaning to "We're support like you've never seen..."

Sorry, but that is rubbish. Nobody as far as I can see is saying KLL is useless. The point is that he had a poor game yesterday by his standards and most are saying, and from recollection I agree, that it is difficult to remember a game that he has started where he has had as much influence on the result as he does when he comes on as a sub.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm not sure he has the focus for 90 minutes and am starting to become tired of him flinging himself on the floor, referees are also aware of him now. he drifts in and out of the game and some of his passing was very poor. We've been here before with him given a chance to start and he falters every time. he made so many wrong choices last night it was almost predictable what he would do when he got the ball.

This.
He does not have the stamina, focus or ability to play a 90 minute match and remain effective. His immaturity as a player comes through as he gets more tired and that's a shame. You can see him getting more and more frustrated as the game goes on. It's as if he knows he's not as good when he starts. The confidence isn't there.

I think he'll always be an impact player. And, to be honest, what an impact player he is. He terrifies defences when he comes on at 60 mins. I'd always want him in the squad for sure, just not starting.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Kaz just had an off night yesterday. I actually think this season he has become a 90minute player, he has been superb in both defence and attack. However last night he played poorly as footballers are prone to do from time to time, no need to really hammer him for it.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Sorry but that was a poor night's work from KLL, poor control, poor crossing, lack of marking and less said the better about the shooting. What ever he was told to do in the 1st half it was wrong as it left Chicksen exposed to 2 attacking Hull players as KLL was wandering all over the place, 2nd half he stayed wide which was abit better but then we had the falling over and the ref seemed to just get fed up with it and it was this that led to their goal as he went to ground too easily. We've seen this before when he starts matches so there must be a problem somewhere and OG is surely going to want a more consistant player on the left.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kaz just had an off night yesterday. I actually think this season he has become a 90minute player, he has been superb in both defence and attack. However last night he played poorly as footballers are prone to do from time to time, no need to really hammer him for it.
Is it not more likely that 2 even matched teams played well last night.

It wasn't a game for one player to be so much better than everybody else.

Kaz in the main was 'handled' well, as was their right winger by Kaz and Chicksen.

Nobody, on either team, had an off night (Obika aside), and we should take heart from the fact Hull are a division above us, and x amount of £££'s richer.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Lua Lua should start more often. He just came up against a good full back last night. Any of our wingers would have struggled against him.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Whether he likes it or not he is currently much better against tired defences. While he can be effective when starting (the Palace and Wolves home matches spring to mind) these games are all too infrequent to warrant him a place in the starting XI. My worry with this though is that he'll become disillusioned and sulky with being used as an impact player and then leave at the end of the season for nothing, he needs a new contract asap. Was he one of the players who had bids turned down for in January? If so, this could possibly suggest the club will be offering a deal in the coming months.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People are being a touch harsh on him.

The Albion were playing more of a 4231 than a 433, which left Lua Lua far more central. He worked pretty hard closing down the full back from that position who wasn't exactly slow himself.

I think the space he was getting was more because of our tactics than Lua Lua's individual performance.

He wasn't great going forward and he did go down too easily at times. But he was by no means awful.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
As far as I could see, he was asked to do a different job in the first half, helping to pack the midfield and also joining Ulloa upfront. He was a little isolated and I don't think it suits him.

He was switched to his usual position second half, had no distribution from Chicksen, and (towards the end) nothing from the ref at all. He got very frustrated. The only time I was actually annoyed with him was when Obika was needing help when he ran through a couple of players. KLL should have been busting a gut to help him, instead of jogging slowly.

Some people on here aint half quick to jump on players. I find it a little immature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here