Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We also had a number of senior players missing, including Ward playing behind LuaLua which may have given him a bit more confidence to attack rather than worrying about defending.
I thought he was ok. He did defend at times but clearly tired in the 2nd half and kept falling over to try to con the ref rather than WORK and defend

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Did anyone else think he was a little bit like Leon Knight, falling over at every opportunity?
Ref had him sussed in the 2nd half and gave him nothing ....

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Despite a mediocre all-round performance, I still find it hard to knock him. At least he's fully committed, if a little too excitable. Seems to be rather odd suggesting a winger slows down a bit, but I believe it would help his game and help him make better decisions. I thought everyone put in a decent shift and I was pleased to see the show pony Lopez left out of this team.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I thought he defended well and his effort tracking back probably meant he tired in the latter stages of the 2nd half when he seemed to fall over too easily. Should have been subbed earlier. I expect him to be sub on Saturday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
His diving was pathetic tonight, could of made something if he kept the ball instead

That last one was the most frustrating of the lot. The tackler was behind him, he had plenty of space in front of him to build an attack and yet he went down with a nudge and then took an age to get up. I think Garcia was very annoyed with him after that.

I think he lasted as long as he did as there is generally always something still to come from him, a moment of brilliance, but not tonight.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
He's probably just not used to coming up against players, like Elmohamedy, who are not only a better defender than he is attacker, but a much better attacker than he is defender. He did work hard today and kept trying things for 90 minutes. Needs to watch the going down easily, mind.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Doesn't help that he has ONE move in his bag of tricks.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Shocking ball retention and looked to go to ground at the slightest touch

Sorry Kaz you blew it big time Im afraid, he should look at Solly when he came on, quick direct and a good delivery into the box most of the time

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh for God's sake he was played out of position and doing different job. There's some serious lack of understanding going on here. It was nothjng to do with him starting.

Disagree with this anti Kaz pile-on - he did tire in the second half and Oscar should have D Rod on earlier. For me it was Chicksen who was the weak link on the left, never had the confidence to overlap and take defenders away from Kaz, hence he had two or three Hull guys on him all game. Kaz offers an explosive threat none of our other players can and hence he needs to start every game he is fit - he is allowed an average game after his excellent displays this season.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Oh for God's sake he was played out of position and doing different job. There's some serious lack of understanding going on here. It was nothjng to do with him starting.

Solly March is played out of position and do so many other players, what's your point?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think he was very poor tonight. Assume at the start he was instructed to play in the middle more as Chicksen had no outlet in front of him. KLL first touch was poor as was his decision making. Yes he was up against better players but then so was everyone else and they raised their game. Hopefully he will accept that he is at his best off the bench and grab more glory as an impact player.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Impact player. You bang on about him starting, well, he had his chance and he blew it.
Not for the first time - I'm sure we had a similar 'start him' campaign during Gus' reign and he underwhelmed then as well. He may not like it but he is (for me, anyway) the very definition of an impact player.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Not for the first time - I'm sure we had a similar 'start him' campaign during Gus' reign and he underwhelmed then as well. He may not like it but he is (for me, anyway) the very definition of an impact player.

Without a doubt. Notice how when he comes on he changes the game and defenders are terrified but when he plays from the beginning he's not the same play, huffs and puffs and loses steam.

Lots of the sun rises because the cock crows logic going on here

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
normally love to watch him but I am afraid that was a 4 outa 10 performance
and Oscar should have subbed him much earlier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here