Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I prefer Kaz on the left. He can trick defenders by going inside or outside, and his acceleration from a standing position when looking like he's going inside but actually going outside is fantastic.

I feel if he was played on the right he would just get down the line and not cut inside so much, making him much more predictable and easier to deal with from a full-back POV.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most wingers are one dimensional, its stopping them without fouling them that is difficult!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
MOM without doubt for me. Fantastic game tearing the Bolton defense (and midfield) apart. I'd happily take 50% of his crosses being "off" given that the 50% he makes are excellent. He seems unstoppable at the moment, he either makes space behind the defense for the cross but gives them no option but to trip/push him and give up the set piece free kick.

I've always liked him but felt that he had maybe 60minutes fuel in him for any given game. Now he's been given a few chances for a full 90 mins he seems capable of the extra pitch time.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Any coach or pundit worth their salt will tell you that crosses with pace are much harder to defend against and are to be encouraged. If you float one over, defenders have more time to move / react, if it's pinged in with pace, only needs a touch or even a o/g defection.

To suggest crossing with power and pace is a bad thing exposes your technical understanding of the beautiful game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MOM without doubt for me. Fantastic game tearing the Bolton defense (and midfield) apart. I'd happily take 50% of his crosses being "off" given that the 50% he makes are excellent. He seems unstoppable at the moment, he either makes space behind the defense for the cross but gives them no option but to trip/push him and give up the set piece free kick.

I've always liked him but felt that he had maybe 60minutes fuel in him for any given game. Now he's been given a few chances for a full 90 mins he seems capable of the extra pitch time.

He was rested against QPR, but it's more likely that his injuries have been sorted out now. It was only 12 months ago he had the plate in his ankle removed. it's good to see him doing well.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I heard people singing KLL's name when MotM was announced, and I can see why. He was heavily involved, looked threatening throughou, and his delivery for the equaliser was excellent. Was also pleased to see him exhorting the support to make more noise in the second half. But Man of the Match? I'm not sure As has been said, you can pretty much put your house on him beating his full back every time, but his left foot is just not reliable enough with the final ball - it it were he'd be a top-flight player - and Ince's game, while less flashy and less obvious, was the best performance of the side for me. He's visibly growing into that role and looks like he may be the man to replace Bridcutt when he finally goes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What I found BRILLIANT on Saturday was that he shanked five crosses.

Now, let me explain before you call the looney centre.

If that was me, and I'd shanked 3 crosses, there is NO WAY I'd have the bottle to take on my defender and cross it again in front of 30k of people who are more than likely to groan if I screw it up again. I'd turn back and pass it. You can't moan at me then.

But he DID. Sure he shanked attempt 4 and 5.....but he KNEW he had the beating of his man. He got his rewards eventually for that bravery/single mindedness. It was great to see. You also know out of the 6 or 7 crosses he will attempt, he will NAIL 1 or 2. In a sport where a single goal is a vital thing that is not too bad to ask for from your winger.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
But he DID. Sure he shanked attempt 4 and 5.....but he KNEW he had the beating of his man. He got his rewards eventually for that bravery/single mindedness. It was great to see. You also know out of the 6 or 7 crosses he will attempt, he will NAIL 1 or 2. In a sport where a single goal is a vital thing that is not too bad to ask for from your winger.

If he did nail all 6-7 crosses he wouldn't be playing in this league. But his moments of magic can change a game, and that's all you ask for really.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Reading through many of the other posts on yesterdays game I am surprised at the acclaim KLL is getting. Yes he had a good game, yes he caused them problems and yes when he is on his game he is class.

However, his strength is short bursts of power in ball control, shooting and crossing. He would be a better all round player if he could temper the power sometimes and this would make him less one dimensional / predictable. His constant need to put every ball in with power means that many of the opportunities he creates he wastes with the final ball and this was evident yesterday. An example is Conway's cross to the far post to Dave, a class cross that KLL could learn from.

Was good but could have been better.

i agree to a degree. when he crosses low , i think hitting it hard - works well. yet all the balls in the first half that were put in the air went way to far and high. he did improve second half. totally agree about conway when he got to the byline his dink to the far post was just what lua lua needs to do more of. although i must say there aren't many players that are great at getting to the by-line to cross and lua lua is very good at this

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
i agree to a degree. when he crosses low , i think hitting it hard - works well. yet all the balls in the first half that were put in the air went way to far and high. he did improve second half. totally agree about conway when he got to the byline his dink to the far post was just what lua lua needs to do more of. although i must say there aren't many players that are great at getting to the by-line to cross and lua lua is very good at this

Thanks for getting the point that I was trying to make that others missed, I must try to put my point across more clearly. A little more variety would make him more rounded a player and yes we may then see more interest from prem teams but a classy player can get better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here