Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Reading through many of the other posts on yesterdays game I am surprised at the acclaim KLL is getting. Yes he had a good game, yes he caused them problems and yes when he is on his game he is class.

However, his strength is short bursts of power in ball control, shooting and crossing. He would be a better all round player if he could temper the power sometimes and this would make him less one dimensional / predictable. His constant need to put every ball in with power means that many of the opportunities he creates he wastes with the final ball and this was evident yesterday. An example is Conway's cross to the far post to Dave, a class cross that KLL could learn from.

Was good but could have been better.

Predictable and Lua Lua...hilarious...no'one pays you to analyse & drive strategy I hope?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If KLL was slightly more consistent with a better final ball or cross then we would have to wave goodbye to him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If KLL was slightly more consistent with a better final ball or cross then we would have to wave goodbye to him.

Exactly.

If he beat his man EVERY time, and either put the cross on the centre forwards head, or cut inside and unleashed a shot on target shot EVERY time, he would be in the Premiership.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When Noone left I wasn't overly bothered (great lad tho) because KLL and Buckley are better all round wingers. This has def proved correct since for me...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yeah right...Kaz not good enough???....that's why Bolton put three defenders on him and he still went past them like a hot knife through butter...you can hear the rise in fans voices every time he gets the ball...he skins more players than a mule skinners knife....go get 'em Kaz.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah right...Kaz not good enough???....that's why Bolton put three defenders on him and he still went past them like a hot knife through butter...you can hear the rise in fans voices every time he gets the ball...he skins more players than a mule skinners knife....go get 'em Kaz.....

Spot on. He makes things happen and it raises the tempo and the crowd makes more noise. He raises expectation. Long may it continue

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Reading through many of the other posts on yesterdays game I am surprised at the acclaim KLL is getting. Yes he had a good game, yes he caused them problems and yes when he is on his game he is class.

However, his strength is short bursts of power in ball control, shooting and crossing. He would be a better all round player if he could temper the power sometimes and this would make him less one dimensional / predictable. His constant need to put every ball in with power means that many of the opportunities he creates he wastes with the final ball and this was evident yesterday. An example is Conway's cross to the far post to Dave, a class cross that KLL could learn from.

KLL's peach of a free kick led to our first goal or did you miss that one? the best game he has had for a while and you still moan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Best not mention Lua Lua's cross to the far post at the end of the Millwall game for leo to hammer home
:facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
His final ball can be hit and miss but it's got a lot better. I bet most Championship full-backs would be hard pushed to name three players they'd be less enthusiastic about going head to head with. Occasionally erratic or not, the guy's strong as a bull, blindingly quick and can hit a ball as hard as anyone in the league. What's not to like?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
If KLL shot had gone in instead of hitting the bar then there wouldn't have been any doubt about MOM.

Likewise if Ince hitting the ball at the ref had led to a Bolton goal.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Last year we were all desperate to see Gus play KLL and Buckley in the same formation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Instead of being tied to the left touchline, Oscar seems to have given him more license to drift inside into more central positions, and I think he is FLOURISHING in that role. He has always been explosive down the wing, but his ability to go past players in more central areas as well is making him even more of a handful for the opposition. He was a CONSTANT threat at Reading, he almost single-handedly hauled us to a point v Millwall when he came on, and he was equally troublesome to Bolton. He commits players, he draws them in, makes them make fouls, and creates space for others. His crossing can still be erratic, there's not much in the way of subtlety, but I think he has been immense for us just lately. I'm chuffed that Oscar is putting some faith in him and giving him some serious game time now. Its also noticable how hard he works tracking back.

I've always been a fan of KLL, but under Oscar I think he is getting better and better.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What Easy 10 said!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He beats his man more consistently than any other Brighton player for years.
When his crossing is good he can be almost unplayable.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Amazing. LuaLua was, yet again, fantastic. Every time he gets the ball, things look like happening.

And to think most on here thought we should sell him in the summer.. Idiots.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
One thing that might have gone unnoticed is how much of an effect Vicente had on him. Kaz was one of the few players to link up with Vicente regularly and successfully over the past couple of seasons, others didn't seem to be on the same wavelength. I'd be prepared to bet decent money that training and playing with such a quality player has improved his decision making tenfold.

As for the OPs suggestion that he's predictable, so what? Everyone in the stadium knows he's going to (a) stepover, push it to the byline and cross or (b) stepover, push it inside and shoot. The problem is even if you know what he's going to do, he's too quick and too powerful to stop him. That's why oppo sides double or even treble up on him. And often he still gets through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here