Lua Lua

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think the cause of our disapointment is the comment that Bloom made pre season about automatic promotion. Thats what has fuelled all of this.

The truth is, is that we are building something. Not just the ground, but a team that will grace it. Just as the stadium has taken more than a year to build, so will the team.

Look at the changes that have been made already from start of last season. The players so far brought are our base. Next season we add the flair.

It is disappointing in a sense, but we are on the right track. And who knows, we may even surprsie ourselves this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
With regard to Lua Lua, quite simply its entirely out of Gus's hands. Frustrating as it is, I think Gus is probably right to hang on as long as possible for him, because we've already seen exactly what he can do for the team, and what a fantastic signing he would be. There's no 'risk factor' there in signing him - we already know he'd be a tremendous asset, which is probably the overriding reason why in this case its been allowed to drag on in the hope that eventually he arrives. Maybe nobody else Gus has looked at has been anywhere near as good.

You could say that due to the protracted delay, Gus should've abandoned his interest in him long ago and pursued other options instead. And you could turn out to be right, time will tell. Personally, if theres still a chance of getting Lua Lua, then I think its a chance worth waiting for rather than buying an alternative player who isn't as good.

I agree we should wait for Lua Lua and never rule him out but i thought Gus said he wanted 2 players for every position. This means at the very least we would have a LM in the squad , all be it not the quality of Lua lua but still a left footed option. Otherwise its square pegs round holes which is fine for a while but over the season wont work

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I think the cause of our disapointment is the comment that Bloom made pre season about automatic promotion. Thats what has fuelled all of this.

The truth is, is that we are building something. Not just the ground, but a team that will grace it. Just as the stadium has taken more than a year to build, so will the team.

Look at the changes that have been made already from start of last season. The players so far brought are our base. Next season we add the flair.

It is disappointing in a sense, but we are on the right track. And who knows, we may even surprsie ourselves this season.

Oh for goodness sake, for the last time: BLOOM RETRACTED THE AUTOMATIC PROMOTION STATEMENT A FEW DAYS AFTER!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The worlds changed since then, last season + this season have to be one of the toughest at this level in years, with the amount of 'bigger' clubs and cash around. Last time round, how many clubs were spending money like our rivals?

That is true, but it just appears we are making worse use of our improved situation (more money, Amex getting closer)... just a thought...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
His attitude would be "He's our player, we can do what the f*** we want".

He may have been annoying, but we should have moved on by now if we couldn't get the deal done earlier.

100% spot on... for me, we should have given up on Lua Lua weeks ago, and gone after Monkhouse or Gillespie instead...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gillespie is a good shout.

He is a great player wasted at his current club... he would be a great fit for our playing style, IMHO... included Monkhouse because Gus has previously said he likes him...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
100% spot on... for me, we should have given up on Lua Lua weeks ago, and gone after Monkhouse or Gillespie instead...

So how would you feel if we threw the towel in on Lua Lua, and then a week or two later he went to, say, Bournemouth on a season-long deal ?

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
He was brilliant. Especially that cross against Southampton. Pure class.

I missed that game, curse my family for going on holiday :laugh: i've seen the cross and it was great but the games i've been to he's always run into the box either tried a cross or shot and its always hit the side netting. Don't get me wrong his pace worried defences but he just needs to improve on his decision making and crosses and he could be a top class player in the future. Even if he doesn't sign for us there is no need to panic, plenty more wingers out there who would play for us instead of messing us around for ages. Good luck to him in the newcastle reserves of he doesn't sign for anyone

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
So how would you feel if we threw the towel in on Lua Lua, and then a week or two later he went to, say, Bournemouth on a season-long deal ?

There's not alot you can do about that.I would rather get someone in now then take the Lua Lua risk any further..
That saying springs to mind...a bird in a hand....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports