Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

If he doesn't sign, which seems to be increasingly unlikely, then quite frankly we are f***ed. I can't be bothered with the positivity anymore and I would say I was one of the most positive on here, but this whole transfer window is going massively tit's up, almost at joke point now.

The two most important signings needed to be a striker and left winger, so why we have dawdled this long instead of going out and trying to get them first is beyond me. f***ing joke, naive shit. League one next year folks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he doesn't sign, which seems to be increasingly unlikely, then quite frankly we are f***ed. I can't be bothered with the positivity anymore and I would say I was one of the most positive on here, but this whole transfer window is going massively tit's up, almost at joke point now.

The two most important signings needed to be a striker and left winger, so why we have dawdled this long instead of going out and trying to get them first is beyond me. f***ing joke, naive shit. League one next year folks.

:facepalm:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

:flounce:

Explain please? Unlike a lot of the rubbish spouted on here, I have had the pleasure to get to know someone very close to the club this year and have been able to very accurately share with NSC who we are after and EVEN "xxxxxxxx" is incredibly frustrated.

We have "inquired" about... well you couldn't even guess the amount of players. My comments are out of sheer frustration and it does seem that money is the main obstacle. Coupled with that I am getting quite annoyed that people are quite happy to just sit out are last season at Withdean, waiting for Falmer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Explain please? Unlike a lot of the rubbish spouted on here, I have had the pleasure to get to know someone very close to the club this year and have been able to very accurately share with NSC who we are after and EVEN "xxxxxxxx" is incredibly frustrated.

We have "inquired" about... well you couldn't even guess the amount of players. My comments are out of sheer frustration and it does seem that money is the main obstacle. Coupled with that I am getting quite annoyed that people are quite happy to just sit out are last season at Withdean, waiting for Falmer.

I am not sure who your anger is vented at, I am 100% comfortable that Gus and TB are doing their upmost to target players we want, but are NOT prepared to pay out money large amounts/demands for £ that agents are after, as well as take huge risks so close to Falmer.

I am not sure who your anger is vented at, I am 100% comfortable that Gus and TB are doing their upmost to target players we want, but are NOT prepared to pay out money large amounts/demands for £ that agents are after, as well as take huge risks so close to Falmer.

Oh they are certainly targeting the players all right but as I said, it seems money is the problem.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
He was and is absolutely brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised that as he 'tweeted', Gus and Tanno were sitting next to him giggling into their hands with his newly signed contract on the table in front of them.

I know, it just seems to be on here that if a quality player leaves, or chooses not too come to us, he suddenly becomes shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The two most important signings needed to be a striker and left winger, so why we have dawdled this long instead of going out and trying to get them first is beyond me.

Do you honestly believe they've just been dawdling and not even trying to get these players in ? Or is this just a toys-out-of-pram moment ?

There have been some excellent additions to the squad this summer, but getting the right players at the right price is not easy or straightforward, especially as we are (still) playing at an athletics track. Attracting players of a decent calibre to play here at the moment is still a big ask.
I think everyones frustrated, not least Gus going by his recent comments. But to say its down to "dawdling", or a lack of effort, is plainly ridiculous.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do you honestly believe they've just been dawdling and not even trying to get these players in ? Or is this just a toys-out-of-pram moment ?

There have been some excellent additions to the squad this summer, but getting the right players at the right price is not easy or straightforward, especially as we are (still) playing at an athletics track. Attracting players of a decent calibre to play here at the moment is still a big ask.
I think everyones frustrated, not least Gus going by his recent comments. But to say its down to "dawdling", or a lack of effort, is plainly ridiculous.

Have to agree with you... they are clearly trying hard, but it IS frustrating for fans as well as Gus and Tony... we have managed to get promoted out of this division twice with the Withdean factor and LESS financial resources... what does this say about Gus, Tony, and a certain Ken Brown?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have to agree with you... they are clearly trying hard, but it IS frustrating for fans as well as Gus and Tony... we have managed to get promoted out of this division twice with the Withdean factor and LESS financial resources... what does this say about Gus, Tony, and a certain Ken Brown?

The worlds changed since then, last season + this season have to be one of the toughest at this level in years, with the amount of 'bigger' clubs and cash around. Last time round, how many clubs were spending money like our rivals?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
ANYONE who thinks that Gus and Tony haven't been trying their hardest for WEEKS to sort this out is a complete moron.

I have to disagree. Before I say anything else I didn't say there was a lack of effort, far from it, however we HAVE dawdled and a clear example of that is Lua Lua. It is a fact that we have been waiting for him as it was put plain and simple at the start of the transfer window that he would only be available after/around the 25 man squad announcement. We have waited and lost out, leaving us with a gaping hole on the left side of the team to be filled by a promising J.Smith, who is at the moment just "promising", predominantly right footed and lacks experience.

I hope I haven't confused you/anyone but I will just clarify that I don't feel there has been any sort of lack of effort. I was told yesterday we have inquired about 100 players!!! Which seems absolutely astonishing, yet frustrating that out of all of them we haven't been able to sign that elusive striker and pacey left midfielder.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have to disagree. Before I say anything else I didn't say there was a lack of effort, far from it, however we HAVE dawdled and a clear example of that is Lua Lua. It is a fact that we have been waiting for him as it was put plain and simple at the start of the transfer window that he would only be available after/around the 25 man squad announcement. We have waited and lost out, leaving us with a gaping hole on the left side of the team to be filled by a promising J.Smith, who is at the moment just "promising", predominantly right footed and lacks experience.

I hope I haven't confused you/anyone but I will just clarify that I don't feel there has been any sort of lack of effort. I was told yesterday we have inquired about 100 players!!! Which seems absolutely astonishing, yet frustrating that out of all of them we haven't been able to sign that elusive striker and pacey left midfielder.

Poyet pretty much ruled out Lua Lua 3 weeks ago, did he not ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

With regard to Lua Lua, quite simply its entirely out of Gus's hands. Frustrating as it is, I think Gus is probably right to hang on as long as possible for him, because we've already seen exactly what he can do for the team, and what a fantastic signing he would be. There's no 'risk factor' there in signing him - we already know he'd be a tremendous asset, which is probably the overriding reason why in this case its been allowed to drag on in the hope that eventually he arrives. Maybe nobody else Gus has looked at has been anywhere near as good.

You could say that due to the protracted delay, Gus should've abandoned his interest in him long ago and pursued other options instead. And you could turn out to be right, time will tell. Personally, if theres still a chance of getting Lua Lua, then I think its a chance worth waiting for rather than buying an alternative player who isn't as good.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The 25 man squads don't have to be registered until the 1st Sept so it is not sorted out as far as Lua Lua is concerned. Newcastle have not let him go as they are still undecided about whether he will be in the squad or not. That will depend on whether in the next couple of days they pick up some of the players they are probably targetting which would push him down the pecking order. I don't believe we were ever going to sign him as a permanent player so we have to wait until the loan window opens up after the squads are announced.

Also, isn't it a contradiction to say you are not saying there was a lack of effort and then in the next sentence stating that we 'dwawdled'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here