Lua Lua

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I believe footchick, she would not lie.

Jul 7, 2003
Sky Andrew (football agent) said on SSN last week that most long term loan deals would happen during the last few days of August as Premier League clubs assess their 25 man squads (that have to be submitted on 1st Sept). Premier clubs won't let too many players go early in case a serious injury to one of their original 25 leaves them short of cover.

There will be a domino effect as Premier players go to Championship sides and players gradually drop through the divisions. Given the talent many clubs have accumulated there could be some interesting loan deals this season. Any Premier player recovering from a long term injury may not be risked in the 25 man squad so a few household names may well find themselves playing in the Championship before Christmas to get match fitness before the squads can be reassessed in the January ransfer window.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I hope your not making it up Footychick cause I twitted a link of this post to my many followers.:glare:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
From Newscastle's perspective, I don't see why they'd loan him to us. We waste him by playing him out on the left just because we haven't got a left midfielder. If he didn't have to cut inside everytime he wanted to put in a cross, he'd be unbelievable at championship level.

I'm sure there's another club in league one/championship where he'd be a first team regular out on his natural right wing position.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Isn't it a combination, with what the player wants being part of it? LuaLua may want to come back, and a player would do better at a club he'd want to play for?

Not necessarily. I actually think coming back to a club for a second time, having already proven yourself first time, allows you to sit back, if only subconsciously.

How many times have you seen it happen in; the footballing world in general and at the Albion?

We've signed former loanees, who have turned out to be much worse than first time round. We've resigned ex players who've also turned out to be much worse second time around.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Bobby Zamora. Gary Dicker. Marcos Painter.

To be fair the only real proven man in that trio is Zamora. Dicker is great example of somebody who was superb on loan and when we signed him seemed to lower his game.

He's only playing at the moment because Navarro is injured, Sparrow is banned and we have nobody on the bench up to the standard!

How about his fellow Stockport colleague Jim McNulty? Seb Carole? Adam Virgo? I seem to remember Matt Richards drop in form with each of his loan spells!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
To be fair the only real proven man in that trio is Zamora. Dicker is great example of somebody who was superb on loan and when we signed him seemed to lower his game.

He's only playing at the moment because Navarro is injured, Sparrow is banned and we have nobody on the bench up to the standard!

How about his fellow Stockport colleague Jim McNulty? Seb Carole? Adam Virgo? I seem to remember Matt Richards drop in form with each of his loan spells!

Completely different circumstances with 2 of those 3.

McNulty had a very serious injury and really didnt get much game time afterwards to prove himself - lets see how he gets on in the Championship this season.

Virgo was never really that good at CB or RB in his first spell, and only became a hero for scoring THAT goal against Swindon, and then playing up front in the Championship. Again, not a comparison.

The only real comparison is Carole - who frankly wasn't that good in his first spell!

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
I have also been told that the deal for his loan to us has been done. Will be at the training ground on Thursday this week. Welcome back lua lua:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here