Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua: What's the point?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The injury ruined his season. I think he's still a useful player to have around, but we have been blessed with Knocky, Murphy and Skalak so he's not a key player for us anymore.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was bordering on unplayable at the start of the season, his combination with Bong down that left side was a massive part of our stupendous start.

Since coming back from injury though he's lost that yard of pace, and that really was everything in his game. I've been a Lua Lua fan since the day he signed, because in L1 he was, quite frankly, ridiculous. Nobody could handle him, and at times in the Championship he's been such a thrilling player to watch. It weighs heavy on my heart to see him become steadily less and less effective now. I so WANT him to be the player he was, but its just not quite there any more.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
end of day the injury seems an excuse for a player that has not developed on from the raw talent, and he offers little to nothing defensivly. squad player or impact sub at best.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Don't want to be negetive at all after tonight, the teams effort was fantastic despite the plethora of injuries and the heartbreak of boro. It's a group of players who wanted to and deserved to be promoted. But honestly when watching the last half an hour of the game tonight it dawned on me, what does Lua Lua actually do for this team? He doesn't have the delivery of Skalak, he doesn't have the dribbling and trickery of Knockeart and doesn't have the finishing ability of Murphy. Does he actually bring anything to the table apart from a couple of good performances off the bench and being prone to injury? I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be one of the first on the transfer chopping block come the transfer window to be honest.
Thoughts?
Our best player at the beginning of the season ,until he got injured , needs a run in the team to get his confidence and fitness back . A fully fit Lua is a very good player . He was voted player of the month in the Championship back in Augest

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
You've forgotten how good he was at the start of the season before he was injured.
But agree he has been ordinary since he came back.

This, on both points. Its felt to me that he's been trying too hard, maybe trying to play catch-up with the high standards he set himself in those first few weeks. But he played a crucial part in this memorable season so gets my gratitude, as do all the team. No scapegoats for me.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Don't want to be negetive at all after tonight, the teams effort was fantastic despite the plethora of injuries and the heartbreak of boro. It's a group of players who wanted to and deserved to be promoted. But honestly when watching the last half an hour of the game tonight it dawned on me, what does Lua Lua actually do for this team? He doesn't have the delivery of Skalak, he doesn't have the dribbling and trickery of Knockeart and doesn't have the finishing ability of Murphy. Does he actually bring anything to the table apart from a couple of good performances off the bench and being prone to injury? I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be one of the first on the transfer chopping block come the transfer window to be honest.
Thoughts?

I said exactly the same myself, He rarely wanted the ball when he came on - i couldn't believe how often I saw him pointing for the player on the ball to pass to someone else rather than trying to get into a decent position out wide to receive it himself. He now drifts inside too often now and I think this is deliberate because when he gets the ball he has lost the ability to go past the defender. He's past his sell by date for me and definitely needs to be offloaded now. After all, we've got the luxury of having Knocky, Murphy, Skalak and March as our winger options next season.

Take nothing away from the rest of the team tonight though - they did us proud.

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Yeh he had one good month the follows it up by being injured for another 6. Just merely saying he's not worth the amount of time he's out with injury to get only a few games out of him a season where wages can be better spent on players who have the same effect with less injury problems.

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Possibly the most polarising player in the team but honestly he's 25 when is that potential we all thought will come ever shine through, it's harsh but I don't think it will

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I certainly wouldn't rid ourselves of our somersaulting whizzbangahawk. He mightn't be perfect all season, but those times when he's fit and fresh, no matter how few, can make a season. Out wide we do not need to purchase, with our litany of various talents.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I guess it's the way of football that fans demand undying loyalty from the players but show little or any in return.

Yes Kaz hasn't been the player he was at the beginning of the season since his return from injury but surely he's done enough during his time with us to have earned the chance of showing he can return to that level.

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Not everything can be sentimental in football? Don't get me wrong it goes a long way with fans but honestly if a player isn't good enough and doesn't offer enough to the team what's the point in them being there?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Possibly the most polarising player in the team but honestly he's 25 when is that potential we all thought will come ever shine through, it's harsh but I don't think it will

Exactly. 'Promising youngster' and 'has lots of potential' are both statuses with a very short shelf life. He's now well past being either of those.

Sorry!

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Great! That was his first good run of form since he was on loan when we were at the Withdean. Injury plagued, inconsistent, 5th choice winger and his wages (which I assume are fairly high) can be better spent elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here