Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua-Lua the glory hunter

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
well if he wasn't going to sign i cant see him coming back down here to join the celebration , fingers crossed

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not glory hunting. He deserves adulation for his early season form. Good luck to him and as the chants go.......SIGN HIM UP!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would lay good money on him signing for us. He is a free agent in the summer and there will be a lot of interest. But if Gus wants him, I belive the deal will be struck.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I would lay good money on him signing for us. He is a free agent in the summer and there will be a lot of interest. But if Gus wants him, I belive the deal will be struck.

I'm still not entirely sure on this and I don't think we've ever been given a definitive answer. There were people saying he signed a long term deal with Newcastle last year, and he does talk about pre-season in that article. Signing him would make my summer, however, so hopefully he is out of contract!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm guessing he means travelling down on Friday night , I fear he's going to be abit early if he makes he way to the match then !!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Would love him to sign, but surely Pardew knows he is a talent, so may not be willing to let him go on a permanent basis. I know he was fantastic in our league, but I think he is good enough for the premiership.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Has he played enough games to get a medal?I think it is 10 in the premier league I don't know how many in the football league

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Has he played enough games to get a medal?I think it is 10 in the premier league I don't know how many in the football league

I always thought it was 25% of games, therefore needs 12 in League One on that basis. Misses out by 1. Ooops!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Which bit of this makes posters above think he's a nailed on certainty to be signing for us?

"I'm going there on Friday night, to watch their game against Southampton, so I will join in with their celebrations. It'll be kind of weird, because I'm not their player anymore - I'm a Newcastle player - but I'm going there to support them because they won the league after a hard season."

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
people reading too much either way!

he WOULD say '...i'm a newcastle player' after ages praising brighton in an NUFC article!
he WOULD come and celebrate the title he had a significant hand in winning, aged 19!

it doesn't say too much one thing or the other... all it tells us is that if he is leaving newcastle anytime soon, we have a bloody good shout at getting him!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once he became injured and this was assessed the loan deal would have been terminated as it was a long term injury and he wouldn't be able to play again for the rest of the season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I reckon if he hadn't got crocked we'd have sown the League by the end of March, be great to see him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I always thought it was 25% of games, therefore needs 12 in League One on that basis. Misses out by 1. Ooops!
The season isn't over yet. Get him to walk (crawl) on for 30 seconds.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We all thought it was amusing that we beat Peterborough 3.0 away without the need to bring cas off the bench,now it looks like that decision is going to cost lua lua a championship medal.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Everything in that article indicates that he will still be contracted to Newcastle next season and expects, at very least, to start pre-season there. My money is still on a loan and it not being agreed until after our season has started (again!). Hope I'm wrong :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here