Lua Lua Season Long Loan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just ticked past midnight and no signing yet :(

Here's hoping for good news tomorrow then.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I really can't see anyone else coming, as much as i want Lua Lua and another striker to sign i just can't see it happening.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I really can't see anyone else coming, as much as i want Lua Lua and another striker to sign i just can't see it happening.

Why ???
The transfer window doesnt shut for over a month, and Gus has already said he is 3/4 players short of the squad he wants, and has repeatedly said that Lua Lua would not come this early anyway. We know he's still after players, it's just taking longer than we would have thought.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Why? Gus has said both positions are important so why would he not bring someone in?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

cheers for that, goes against everything Poyet has said but hey ho

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is no point in rushing into a big name striker signing if it isn't right. I'd rather wait till the end of window if need be or till Jan if it came to that - we've got to get the right man - us can't just try and make NSC happy by bringing in an y old Chris Holroyd...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just wanted to try and defend myself and the original post..

The Lua Lua deal is going to happen and the reason it wasn't a done deal yesterday is because the two clubs are yet to agree on the length of the loan.

Brighton want a season long deal where as Newcastle are currently reluctant and would prefer a deal that would be reviewed at Xmas, there is also some confusion around the exact term of the deal and some agreement needs to be arranged with regards to Newcastle being able to recall him at short notice.

The new striker will be in place by the time we kick off at Swindon next week and again this is likely to be on a loan basis with a Premiership club involved.

I appreciate people may slate me and feel my incorrect timescales posted on Wednesday mean I'm talking out my arse.

But I can assure you, the Lua Lua deal is close to being finalised and my source is reliable and I trust him 100%.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The Lua Lua deal is going to happen and the reason it wasn't a done deal yesterday is because the two clubs are yet to agree on the length of the loan.

Brighton want a season long deal where as Newcastle are currently reluctant and would prefer a deal that would be reviewed at Xmas, there is also some confusion around the exact term of the deal and some agreement needs to be arranged with regards to Newcastle being able to recall him at short notice.

The new striker will be in place by the time we kick off at Swindon next week and again this is likely to be on a loan basis with a Premiership club involved.

I appreciate people may slate me and feel my incorrect timescales posted on Wednesday mean I'm talking out my arse.

But I can assure you, the Lua Lua deal is close to being finalised and my source is reliable and I trust him 100%.
What club does this loan striker play for? Can you give that away?

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath

Appreciate the info, and don't think you're bullshitting :thumbsup:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
What club does this loan striker play for? Can you give that away?

Haven't a clue, don't even want to speculate.

Have just passed on the information I was given on Wednesday.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Totally agree with Gus. If it is not AT LEAST a season long loan, we need to look elsewhere. As things stand, the lad only has pace, and will need to be coached by us to deliver any final product. In my opinion, that is only worth progressing as a long term project and not for a few months when all we are likely to see is him skipping past players to then waste the opportunity. If they want an instant recall, which has caused us problems in the past with other players, we should walk away.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Even if it doesnt happen, I wouldnt go trying to defend your post, because of the keyboard monkeys who slate anyone for breathing on here.

People post what they hear and if it doent work out or wasnt true who cares, you can only write what youve heard.

good on you for posting I say.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports