Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua "keen on a move"

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
If the price is right....

Remember Knockaert on the left last season against Cardiff, absolutely DESTROYED.

March back to fitness soon. Murphy and Skalak and could call Bjordal up from the academy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Don't really rate him, although he has had great spells, most notably last August.

Goes to ground far too easily, would rather draw a foul than run at goal.

It's a shame as he has the skill and technique to work his way around a defence and shoot/play the ball into a striker in the box, but maybe he's not confident enough?

Would rather have him on the bench over getting £2m for him to a Championship rival.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He's still a decent player, still got pace and loves a shot from distance.

But now we have Knockaert and Murphy, and even to an extent Skalak, we are seeing what genuine wingers are supposed to be doing, and this makes Kaz look worse than he actually is.

It's like having steak when you've been used to burgers for years, the burgers haven't got worse, just that you now know what beef is actually supposed to taste like!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't know why I keep coming into these threads because it just winds me up. I just cannot understand the negativity around him whatsoever, especially when people like Hoskins and others that had some shit injuries with us were backed to the hilt. I'd encourage Chris to keep him. We're looking at having three fit wingers if we sold Kaz, people are clamouring for a striker and a defender on the basis of only have 3 of each that are fit. Baffling.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

But now we have Knockaert and Murphy, and even to an extent Skalak, we are seeing what genuine wingers are supposed to be doing, and this makes Kaz look worse than he actually is.

It's like having steak when you've been used to burgers for years, the burgers haven't got worse, just that you now know what beef is actually supposed to taste like!

but sometimes just sometimes a burger hits the spot way more than a steak

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't know why I keep coming into these threads because it just winds me up. I just cannot understand the negativity around him whatsoever, especially when people like Hoskins and others that had some shit injuries with us were backed to the hilt. I'd encourage Chris to keep him. We're looking at having three fit wingers if we sold Kaz, people are clamouring for a striker and a defender on the basis of only have 3 of each that are fit. Baffling.

Yes, but this does not address KLL's need to get more playing time. Kaz would flip for more playing time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wouldn't like to see him playing for anyone else in the Championship, he's still got the ability to hurt teams. He draws a foul practically every time he gets the ball.

No I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of him, it's a long season in which he'll get games and do a decent job.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The club don't need to sell him so I can't see us accepting a low-ball offer for him, I'm sure they value him at around £1.5m+. That being said, I'd be greedy and keep him, it's a long season and we can't bank on Knockaert et al staying fit. Kaz is a very good understudy winger at this level.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
but sometimes just sometimes a burger hits the spot way more than a steak

No disagreement from me there..... I love watching Kaz run full pelt at a full-back that has already been booked. If he had come on earlier against Forest, Pereria wouldn't have lasted 90 mins..... but 10/15 min cameos isn't any good for either party I suspect.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016

Solly March back soon and Bjordal looked really good in pre season IMO - if the price is right i think we take it.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I think he would go to a championship team. I imagine he would walk into the Rotherham team based on their performance from last week. Pretty ambivalent as to whether we should sell him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton has to play the players who can also also deliver precise free kicks and corners. To his credit the opposition defense are always scared of him and he always draws free kicks and yellows when he gets into a flow. If he could take a free kick as much as he can win them, his game would improve vastly.

If there was a video of all his best bits he would look world class and worth a good many millions.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He's less than a squad player here. He's a back up. A squad player is involved in rotation, unless there are injuries, once March is back KLL won't be making any benches I shouldn't think.

Assuming Solly is the same player before injury, which I really hope he is. Don't forget he wasn't having the greatest time either, and then suddenly was outstanding for 4/5 games in a row. I'm trying not to get too carried away with his return.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I could see him getting disruptive if he wants first team football, didn't get it and wasn't allowed to leave.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
I think people are confusing Kaz from 2 years ago to Kaz now.

He's literally done none of these things people are mentioning since August last year IMO.

Can't beat his man anymore, so what good is he?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Assuming Solly is the same player before injury, which I really hope he is. Don't forget he wasn't having the greatest time either, and then suddenly was outstanding for 4/5 games in a row. I'm trying not to get too carried away with his return.

Fair point. March does have age on his side though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On balance I'd sell Kaz now because I still think he has some value. Plenty of Championship clubs would be interested and if one of those happens to have any parachute money we might squeeze £1mill out of it.

That said, I wouldn't be unhappy if he stays - there's no guarantee March will be the same player and if Murphy were to get injured...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here