Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua "keen on a move"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Probably best for him and The Albion if a decent fee can be had for him-Newcastle have money to burn...

He isn't the game changing sub that he could be a couple of years ago-maybe a new club makes sense.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I could see him easily getting a move within the championship. It's only because of our riches in wide areas that he won't get a look in. Could easily see someone like Fulham, Ipswich, Bristol City or Forest willing to take a punt on him.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Maybe a bit controversial but for the last year or so i've seen him as a fringe player, a less then "super" sub who came on when we were losing to make things happen, more than likely we still lost.

Agree. If KLL had actually turned more games and was not just a part of the losing or drawing formula then I don't think he would be fighting so hard for playing time. He did make things exciting in many matches but many of those matches ended unfavourably to the Albion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I could see him easily getting a move within the championship. It's only because of our riches in wide areas that he won't get a look in. Could easily see someone like Fulham, Ipswich, Bristol City or Forest willing to take a punt on him.

Only as a squad player not guaranteed to start, which he has here, so why move?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Its the Sun so take it with a pinch of salt. He had a great start to last season and a cracking understanding with Bong, but since the injury he hasnt looked the same. Is well down the pecking order so if we could get a good price think it would be sensible to cash in.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Need to keep him! He's still a game changer, gets the opposition booked, and defenders are terrified of him! He offers something different from our other wingers.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can't believe anybody would pay us more than that. It's the market that decides the price, not what we want.

Exactly and the market is bloody crazy currently ! Hence we should get a lot more than 1 million.
He still has a good amount of time on his contract too

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Only as a squad player not guaranteed to start, which he has here, so why move?

Would he be 3rd or 4th choice in either of those sides? He certainly is here. I would suggest an on song Lua-Lua would be a better left wing option than any of the mentioned clubs already have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No longer a game changer, not very good with his defensive duties and nobody surely would pay £2m for him. We can only bring him on when the game is won now where in the past we brought him on in the hope of winning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he stays, he'll win us points. It would need to be a decent fee or there's no point.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly and the market is bloody crazy currently ! Hence we should get a lot more than 1 million.
He still has a good amount of time on his contract too
The market is not crazy enough to pay over £1M for a fifth choice injury prone winger. We apparently paid about £2M for Murphy, which would make LuaLua's evaluation about £1M max.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here