Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lua lua injury

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I assumed to prevent him from getting injured or sent off for taking evasive action from yet another lunging tackle as the ref had his card marked.

Lush

Mods' Pet
OR badly injured. They had obviously identified him as being a threat, so had two guys snapping at his heels most of the first half. Once he got booked, it was never going to end well - and we had other options on the bench.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Actually on the radio they mentioned his hamstring was tight and since he was being knocked all over the shop was probably better to take him off.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He should be played in the second half only. Bigger impact and less chance of him getting injured if he's skinning tired legs.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Anyone else think his chances might be limited as the season progresses? Noone and Buckley are stiff competition and their distribution is better (as we saw yesterday).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it will vary between him or Noone starting and the other being brought on late in the game so as to keep the pace going against tired defenders. Buckley will be the replacement for Bennett and will start instead of either Dicker or Sparrow. Hopefully we will bring in another midfielder on loan to replace the other one.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He should be played in the second half only. Bigger impact and less chance of him getting injured if he's skinning tired legs.
Hartlepool snapped him as a xsecond half sub. Makes no difference, teams WILL resort to violence on him.

With his hamstrings they wll be extra careful with him, the yellow and the chance of getting clouted again I'm sure contributed too. He didn't dive for the 'penalty', although he did seem to dive once AFTER that which was very risky thing to do!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

THIS....just imagine Kazenga coming on when the players have been chasing Brighton for 60 odd mins and on comes "the Rocket" :lolol:

simon101

and smith MUST score
Aug 4, 2009
lewes
Anyone else think his chances might be limited as the season progresses? Noone and Buckley are stiff competition and their distribution is better (as we saw yesterday).

This. And maybe he will be better as an impact sub when the opposition full backs are tired out on our huge wide pitch

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think that is true as he was diving after every tackle and I know its controversial but in my opinion rightly booked for trying to get a penalty.

I think you and the referee must be the only people who think that. The replays clearly show it was neither a penalty or a dive. I don't even think LuaLua asked for a penalty as the first sign of frustration he showed was when he was booked. A half decent referee would have given a corner but sadly we didn't have one yesterday.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

yes-which as much as i love him(Lua),was the reason why Bennett last season was the better "all round" player.

Still worth buying in January if the chance comes.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Think that is true as he was diving after every tackle and I know its controversial but in my opinion rightly booked for trying to get a penalty.

Have you seen the size of him? It doesn't take much for someone his size and with his speed to go down, I didn't think it was a penalty but neither do I think it was a dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here