Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua, how could he become better?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Exactly this.. Currently he's brilliant at beating the full back, but once he's done that his only options are to shoot or bang in a low cross regardless of where other players may be. A quick look up before he makes the cross would see him be so much more productive with the ball.

Thats actually one of the things that winds me up when people say he has "no end product". More often than not, he HAS produced an end product, but because nobody has made the movement to poke it home, it gets forgotten. Look - you KNOW what KLL is gonna do. He's going to knock it a few yards past the fullback, burn past him, and slam it low across the box. So as a forward, just make sure you're getting goalside of your marker to get on the end of it ! The fact it often comes to nothing is not down to KLL - he's done his bit by beating someone and delivering the ball into the box. If Ulloa wasn't seemingly dosed up on morphine yesterday, maybe he could have got on the end of one of the (multitude) of crosses raining into the box all afternoon. And not just from Lua Lua. But he seems to escape criticism.

Mentioned that to a mate yesterday, he seemed to have almost been given a free role.

And long may it continue. He is relishing it, and is consistently our biggest threat going forward IMO.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Thats actually one of the things that winds me up when people say he has "no end product". More often than not, he HAS produced an end product, but because nobody has made the movement to poke it home, it gets forgotten. Look - you KNOW what KLL is gonna do. He's going to knock it a few yards past the fullback, burn past him, and slam it low across the box. So as a forward, just make sure you're getting goalside of your marker to get on the end of it ! The fact it often comes to nothing is not down to KLL - he's done his bit by beating someone and delivering the ball into the box. If Ulloa wasn't seemingly dosed up on morphine yesterday, maybe he could have got on the end of one of the (multitude) of crosses raining into the box all afternoon. And not just from Lua Lua. But he seems to escape criticism.

Couldn't agree more with this. Lua Lua is a marvellous asset to our team. Can't see how you could ask more from him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The same can be said of David Lopez's corners. You know they're going to the near post, so why aren't people making that run? Instead people moan at lopez about beating the first man.

Oct 25, 2003
at the moment he's only solely responsible for about 5 opponents getting booked a game....i'd like to see at least one game where he manages to get the whole team booked

he's absolute box office. One of the most entertaining players i've ever seen in Albion colours and the one who i'm most excited to see each game. He can be frustrating and inconsistent, but that purely adds to his charm. All I know is that if I was an opposing full back i'd absolutely shit myself every time he got the ball.

i'm not actually sure he creates THAT many goals, but the absolute chaos he causes in the opposing ranks surely has a large impact on our results. Possibly because they tend to use about 4 players to mark him

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
at the moment he's only solely responsible for about 5 opponents getting booked a game....i'd like to see at least one game where he manages to get the whole team booked

he's absolute box office. One of the most entertaining players i've ever seen in Albion colours and the one who i'm most excited to see each game. He can be frustrating and inconsistent, but that purely adds to his charm. All I know is that if I was an opposing full back i'd absolutely shit myself every time he got the ball.

i'm not actually sure he creates THAT many goals, but the absolute chaos he causes in the opposing ranks surely has a large impact on our results. Possibly because they tend to use about 4 players to mark him

Watching him for all his Albion days including at Withdean, the days when he is frustrating are getting fewer and fewer. In the early Amex days he was an erratic substitute and clearly not as good as Buckley and Noone, but now he should be on the team sheet every time. Massive improvements in his game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our most affective player without doubt

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Attacking intent. Too often when he receives the ball he waits for a defender to come to him, even when they are behind him and there is space ahead, before he starts running.

That's what annoys me at times. As soon as he gets the ball, he should sometimes just go before the defender sets himself. That would also keep them guessing what he's gonna do.

Diving. Needs to cut out his elaborate falls. He could easily have been booked for either of his penalty area dives yesterday.

Agreed with the one in the first half, but if the second one was when the keeper came out up the north goal, it looked to me as though they both got the ball together. No dive but no pen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here