Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lowest away attendance at the Amex

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Said before and I'll say it again. It is better for the club, the team and the fans, to have bums on seats paying £15/£20 than empty seats at £30/£35.

like at Sheff Weds the week before where 1000s of tickets were available for £10.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I, and a few other have already answered why it was awkward to get to last night... I'm not talking in general terms, I'm saying last night.

FTR, my friend didn't get back from the match until 2:30am last night.

I find Reading a really easy game to get to and from - night or day game. Last year I drove up for a terrible game (we were playing terribly) lost 2-1 should have been more, I am sure we had about a 1000 in a 10,000 crowd, I was home by 11.15pm.

Your home attendance then seemed poor and I always put this down to your Elm Park attendances being around 4,000, and a lot of your fans now being transient for big/small games. Due to our exile in Gillingham and possibly a core of 8,000 fans we always travel well.

Whatever the reasons the support was poor for your team and club last night and your team played well in patches, I am sure a more vocal support could have lifted them more, perhaps your club should consider some free travel if it wants to improve.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We took 4K to Fulham in August at normal prices. And nearly 4K to Reading in October at normal prices.

Hmmm 7,000 is getting on for twice as many as nearly 4,000 though, plus Milton Keynes is further, and a lot more difficult to get to than Fulham.

I definately think the cheap price of tickets helped swell the number solved,

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Not everyone wants to buy a season ticket; there really are other things people do at the weekend apart from watching football, people have other commitments. Just because you don't want one, doesn't mean you deserve to get absolutely bumf**ked by the extortionate match-by-match ticket prices and the entirely random "match categories" etc etc.

Anyway, never mind going over this old well-worn old ground again: living proof of how well the club's pricing strategy amply proven courtesy of the yawning wide vistas of navy blue emptiness as we went second in the league last night.

I tend to agree, hard to get 'new' fans into the club with these prices.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
There were at least 2 coaches from reading I saw them at Pease Pottage services.

I think its a bit lame of some guys on NSC slagging off Reading fans when they cant themselves be arsed to go to the Amex..

That is very very true a lot of nobheads on here all the time think they know it all and hardly ever go to the Amex or just nobheads in general anyway

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Not everyone wants to buy a season ticket; there really are other things people do at the weekend apart from watching football, people have other commitments. Just because you don't want one, doesn't mean you deserve to get absolutely bumf**ked by the extortionate match-by-match ticket prices and the entirely random "match categories" etc etc.

Anyway, never mind going over this old well-worn old ground again: living proof of how well the club's pricing strategy amply proven courtesy of the yawning wide vistas of navy blue emptiness as we went second in the league last night.

I agree with most of that, but a fair bit of the emptiness (and as endlessly discussed, we don't know how many) are current season ticket holders staying away. Its not just down to the pricing strategy for the unsold seats.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I, and a few other have already answered why it was awkward to get to last night... I'm not talking in general terms, I'm saying last night.

Walked home did he?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Please excuse - I meant 2,500! I think we took 3,600 to Fulham, 3k to Charlton, 2,500 to MK Dons, and between 1,500 and 2,000 for Forest, Brentford, Bristol City and Birmingham. Not bad for Reading who have traditionally low away support.

I don't think anyone's claiming us to be Leeds, but there were circumstances surrounding our poor turnout tonight, I'd say.
That's fair enough me old mucker:)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
There were at least 2 coaches from reading I saw them at Pease Pottage services.

I think its a bit lame of some guys on NSC slagging off Reading fans when they cant themselves be arsed to go to the Amex..

Yeah, they mucked up my plans.

Stopped for a Costa at Pease Pottage, the queues were massive, so didn't have a sit down Costa.

Still, got to the ground early. Fish and Chips and some Live Music instead.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
A3 shut southbound off M25....M25 shut at A3......M3 shut southbound off M25....M4 shut between two Reading junctions ( 10 + 11 )....and throw in single lane on M25 for some distance.....I know....I did that journey last night!!!

I knew about the M4 J10-11 closure so came home via the coast road then M3/A34 poxy A27 closed at Sompting and again at Havant , got home at 1am....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Taking regular season League matches only, it is the ninth worst away support.

The worst 3:-

Wigan; 161; Nov 4 2014
Rotherham; 165; Sep 15 2015
Barnsley; 181; Dec 3 2013
Be that as it may....Wigan,Barnsley and Rotherham have a far greater distance to travel on a weekday than Reading...299 attendance from Reading was poor ....is that all you take away!!😅

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I wouldn't have attended had I known how horrendous the roadworks were last night getting back to Berkshire-Bucks. It was a nightmare as said earlier in thread. Highways agency effectively shut down the Home Counties last night after the game. 200+ pretty good considering. Just ignore the knuckleheads hubris. It's easy to say when you have to travel the massive distance from Lewes to Falmer post match. Plenty of Albion games where we took less than 200 on my time following the Albion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Be that as it may....Wigan,Barnsley and Rotherham have a far greater distance to travel on a weekday than Reading...299 attendance from Reading was poor ....is that all you take away!!��

Yes. In normal transport conditions. But last night was anything but NORMAL! Their Smart fans stayed at home. This before you factor in they probably are a smaller club, it cost a fortune and they weren't likely to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here