Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lowest away attendance at the Amex

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's really lame to slag Reading for bringing 300. That in itself is impressive. I'd worry more if thousands of people - who could have spent the money on their family or records or just something better - spent hours following a mid-table team to Falmer for £30 a pop.

No it isn't lame and yes it's a pathetic turn out.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
no way was there the amount there they announced as was our full attendance tonight no where near nearly 24000.
Reading no more there than 120-30 you could see that from the opposite end they may well have sold 200 and something tickets but they certainly didn't all turn up.
Simply done on tickets sold and not whose attended the match.
I would have thought that was still a fire regulation rule i know it used to be.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would say most of the Reading fans there tonight lived in Brighton or very near too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps it was something to do with both the m4 and m25 being closed for planned roadworks for the return journey last night? Took the same route home as they would and didn't get in until 1am last night (left on final whistle) so that's best part 4hrs for them to get home! To READING! On a school night! Bloody nightmare journey to and from Amex for us Thames Valley Seagulls last night :( Had I known might have given it a miss too. So be nice to our Royal friends, it's a longer trip than it looks on a map!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Perhaps it was something to do with both the m4 and m25 being closed for planned roadworks for the return journey last night? Took the same route home as they would and didn't get in until 1am last night (left on final whistle) so that's best part 4hrs for them to get home! To READING! On a school night! Bloody nightmare journey to and from Amex for us Thames Valley Seagulls last night :( Had I known might have given it a miss too. So be nice to our Royal friends, it's a longer trip than it looks on a map!

A3 shut southbound off M25....M25 shut at A3......M3 shut southbound off M25....M4 shut between two Reading junctions ( 10 + 11 )....and throw in single lane on M25 for some distance.....I know....I did that journey last night!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
1,116 (in a total crowd of 14,748).

- it was cheaper (Albion charged £30+, inc travel, for away fans last night)
- We were on the back of a decent run of form which would have boosted sales,
- We still had something to play for.
- we hadn't had an expensive cup run.
- the fixture wasn't rearranged for a tuesday night
- running out of reasons.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In defence, £30 for a nothing game (for us) on a short-notice rearranged week night and an awkward place to get to, almost guaranteed loss - not surprised at the low turnout. Our away followings have actually been decent this year, think we've taken 3500+ on more than a few occasions, which is good for Reading. *shrugs*

Best of luck for the rest of the season!

How is it an awkward place to get to?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well, if I'd been a Reading fan, I wouldn't have bothered either with nothing to play for bar the match win.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, although you are on the beach now, and don't particularly need it.

How do highly paid footballers get away with ' coasting ' when in every other walk of life it wouldn't be tolerated. Why do fans make excuses for their players and allow seasons to drift and limp tamely to a finish. Fans have every right to be more demanding, every time a player pulls on their shirt. These guys are getting away with murder. They are now so cossetted, so protected by agents, by contracts, by pensions, that they are bullet proof. They spend weeks out, in the treatment room and get themselves suspended for acts of professional irresponsibility but suffer no recourse. Their agents hold clubs to ransom for huge wage increases, in times of near zero inflation but their desire for more money is not reflected on the pitch. Too many give short shrift and fail to give value for money.
On the beach in March....its laughable.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I've done Reading midweek by train several times - it's not that hard

I've done many Brighton home games midweek, and had a season ticket at Withdean (live in Reading) and it isn't that bad. The only annoying thing is if you mess it up you end up with a fair wait at Gatwick or having to go through London. Not the end of the world but like many have said, it's a nothing game for them.

I would have gone last night but as it was a shortish notice change I couldn't get the morning off work. I would have been home by about 1 but up at 5 for work and I am a miserable git if I don't get much sleep!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A3 shut southbound off M25....M25 shut at A3......M3 shut southbound off M25....M4 shut between two Reading junctions ( 10 + 11 )....and throw in single lane on M25 for some distance.....I know....I did that journey last night!!!

It was a bloody nightmare wasn't it?! M40 shut to 1 lane too. Carnage out there, the Highway Agency should have put signs up on Handcross Hill saying 'turn back, bed down and try again in the morning'! It's very possible some Reading fans didn't get in before 2 or even 3am if they lived in West Berkshire. And don't get me started about Gatwick area last night. Fatal decision to turnoff and get petrol. 20mins just to get from junction to garage!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How do highly paid footballers get away with ' coasting ' when in every other walk of life it wouldn't be tolerated. Why do fans make excuses for their players and allow seasons to drift and limp tamely to a finish. Fans have every right to be more demanding, every time a player pulls on their shirt. These guys are getting away with murder. They are now so cossetted, so protected by agents, by contracts, by pensions, that they are bullet proof. They spend weeks out, in the treatment room and get themselves suspended for acts of professional irresponsibility but suffer no recourse. Their agents hold clubs to ransom for huge wage increases, in times of near zero inflation but their desire for more money is not reflected on the pitch. Too many give short shrift and fail to give value for money.
On the beach in March....its laughable.
A bit unfair. We didn't win 10-0.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can only assume that having to shell out for the Palace Cup fixture earlier in the week significantly hit the numbers coming last night.

But even so i was execting 700 or so at least.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Always seems a bit unfair to heckle the handful of away fans that actually DID come, about the low turnout. Its hardly THEIR fault, is it?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
How is it an awkward place to get to?

On a week night? I wouldn't fancy traversing the M4 and M25 during around the time of day you'd have to leave, then a decent two hour journey back. It's a longer journey than you think. There were also a number of roads closed

SAC

May 21, 2014
On a week night? I wouldn't fancy traversing the M4 and M25 during around the time of day you'd have to leave, then a decent two hour journey back. It's a longer journey than you think. There were also a number of roads closed

Was it an actual protest against the high ticket price or just people deciding that £30 was too much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here