Lowest away attendance at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Out of interest who were the 3 you took 3500+ too as only Fulham can hold over 3500 and charlton is 3300 odd?:glare:

Please excuse - I meant 2,500! I think we took 3,600 to Fulham, 3k to Charlton, 2,500 to MK Dons, and between 1,500 and 2,000 for Forest, Brentford, Bristol City and Birmingham. Not bad for Reading who have traditionally low away support.

I don't think anyone's claiming us to be Leeds, but there were circumstances surrounding our poor turnout tonight, I'd say.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Please excuse - I meant 2,500! I think we took 3,600 to Fulham, 3k to Charlton, 2,500 to MK Dons, and between 1,500 and 2,000 for Forest, Brentford, Bristol City and Birmingham. Not bad for Reading who have traditionally low away support.

I don't think anyone's claiming us to be Leeds, but there were circumstances surrounding our poor turnout tonight, I'd say.
Well, if I'd been a Reading fan, I wouldn't have bothered either with nothing to play for bar the match win.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, although you are on the beach now, and don't particularly need it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Was that the Tuesday night game , where it had snowed all over the place ?

I don't think so, I can't remember snow on the ground, I may be wrong though. And it was either 157 or possible 137, I think 137 is actually the number that was given out.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
May I ask where you get your stats from?

From the figures that are reported each game (usually given out on the official Albion twitter feed; typically reported in the Argus along with the match report; and sometimes given in the away side's match report on their official site).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What was the official number?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's really lame to slag Reading for bringing 300. That in itself is impressive. I'd worry more if thousands of people - who could have spent the money on their family or records or just something better - spent hours following a mid-table team to Falmer for £30 a pop.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
In defence, £30 for a nothing game (for us) on a short-notice rearranged week night and an awkward place to get to, almost guaranteed loss - not surprised at the low turnout. Our away followings have actually been decent this year, think we've taken 3500+ on more than a few occasions, which is good for Reading. *shrugs*

Hull is an awkward place to get to from Reading on a Tuesday night.
So is Middlesbrough.
Or Bolton.

Brighton isn't.

Reading have embarrassing support.

p.s. did the 299 include the team, the coaching staff, the bus and the van drivers?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quite low since it's relatively easy by train even midweek.

I won't get in by midnight tonight but it isn't much different for Reading fans either.

Put it the other way, if the positions were reversed I think we'd take more up there wouldn't we ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Should be able to count that lot ...125-150

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite low since it's relatively easy by train even midweek.

I won't get in by midnight tonight but it isn't much different for Reading fans either.

Put it the other way, if the positions were reversed I think we'd take more up there wouldn't we ?

I've done Reading midweek by train several times - it's not that hard

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not even enough to do a pitch invade [emoji106] [emoji23]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Having spent several seasons in the Prem and dabbled with being a biggish club but only bringing 299 tonight makes me wonder how many they used to take away in the lower division, pre-Kerry Dixon. Must have been something like three men and a dog.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having spent several seasons in the Prem and dabbled with being a biggish club but only bringing 299 tonight makes me wonder how many they used to take away in the lower division, pre-Kerry Dixon. Must have been something like three men and a dog.

Look at the pic..no way 299

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports