Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
By all means direct your wrath at the bad guys who have sought to use Pompey as some sort of cash cow before hurriedly exiting stage left leaving the club in a worse mess than ever before, but comments like "the club deserves it" are wrong. Those who inflicted the damage are long-gone, leaving behind the good guys, people like us who just want to go and watch some football. They don't deserve this.

Where is the fun in that ?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Pompey fans deserve all the sympathy and understanding that was given to us during our dark days. Of course they enjoyed their success as we did back in Div 1. The roots of our pain go back to the financial mismanagement of that time but we didnt ask to be expelled from the league as penance.

Good luck to all Pompey fans. This is as much about FANS Unitee as it was for us, Wrexham or is now for Plymouth. Fans follow their team whatever the weather but they cannot control the climate

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I genuinely do not wish Pompey fans ill, but every time I hear the phrase "long suffering Pompey fans", I seriously want to hurt someone. No they are not to blame for the series of shysters who have infested their club, but by christ they have had a cuffing BRILLIANT last 10 years off the back of it compared with most other fans in the League. Bragging rights aplenty, rubbing Saints noses in it with the silverware as their bitterest rivals plunged down to the 3rd tier, playing in Europe etc etc.

PFC fans have been living the dream. Their team ripped us to bits that season on their way to the Prem, with Merson, Todorov, Pericard, Sherwood, Burton, Hislop et-al, they were clearly going places. Meanwhile we were scratching around at the arse-end of the division with Geoff Pitcher, Robbie Pethick and Chris McPhee, whilst selling Zamora and pissing about with 40 note fund donation appeals.

I struggle to muster sympathy for Pompey and its fans, I really do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I genuinely do not wish Pompey fans ill, but every time I hear the phrase "long suffering Pompey fans", I seriously want to hurt someone. No they are not to blame for the series of shysters who have infested their club, but by christ they have had a cuffing BRILLIANT last 10 years off the back of it compared with most other fans in the League. Bragging rights aplenty, rubbing Saints noses in it with the silverware as their bitterest rivals plunged down to the 3rd tier, playing in Europe etc etc.

PFC fans have been living the dream. Their team ripped us to bits that season on their way to the Prem, with Merson, Todorov, Pericard, Sherwood, Burton, Hislop et-al, they were clearly going places. Meanwhile we were scratching around at the arse-end of the division with Geoff Pitcher, Robbie Pethick and Chris McPhee, whilst selling Zamora and pissing about with 40 note fund donation appeals.

I struggle to muster sympathy for Pompey and its fans, I really do.

Love THIS

Global

Feb 1, 2012
The only thing Pompey fans care about is whether or not they can shout their mouths off about getting back into the Prem were they think they belong. Whether they actually continue to exist in any division doesnt seem to come into their thinking.

You are so wrong about that. yes I am sure you will see that on some message boards but it is far from the reality of the majority of Pompey fans.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I've posted it before and I will do again, probably, but I find all the "you've got what you deserved" from Albion fans towards Pompey fans as more than a little distasteful. But for the grace of god and all that.

The comments like "you kept spending" and "the club hasn't learned" are mis-directed. There has been a revolving door at Pompey and the long-suffering fans have been incredibly unlucky in that every time someone comes in through that door they've turned out to be miscreants seemingly with one aim: to try and turn a profit out of the club. The only continuity in that club has been the fans and they are largely powerless to stop what has happened. At each and every turn, the club has been on the brink before being rescued. The best the fans could do is cross their fingers and hope the incomers were well-intentioned. Unfortunately for them that hasn't been the case.

By all means direct your wrath at the bad guys who have sought to use Pompey as some sort of cash cow before hurriedly exiting stage left leaving the club in a worse mess than ever before, but comments like "the club deserves it" are wrong. Those who inflicted the damage are long-gone, leaving behind the good guys, people like us who just want to go and watch some football. They don't deserve this.

Summary;...Portsmouth Football club paid for players they couldn't afford....resulting in Premiership football and a FA Cup Final....which their supporters enjoyed.

The bottom three clubs each year were relegated....often because their clubs could not compete with Portsmouths wages. The relegated teams supporters did NOT
enjoy this.

Did the Portsmouth supporters care about the relegated teams supporters......?.....or did they think....." you were crap and poor......you DESERVED it".....?

I suggest it was the latter.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Summary;...Portsmouth Football club paid for players they couldn't afford....resulting in Premiership football and a FA Cup Final....which their supporters enjoyed.

The bottom three clubs each year were relegated....often because their clubs could not compete with Portsmouths wages. The relegated teams supporters did NOT
enjoy this.

Did the Portsmouth supporters care about the relegated teams supporters......?.....or did they think....." you were crap and poor......you DESERVED it".....?

I suggest it was the latter.

Same thing with Palace. Banging on about being in the top two divisions for so long STILL even though they have been cheating for a bout a decade and using administration TWICE to get them out of the shit. The teams getting relegated below Palace I feel sorry for, NOT PALACE.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Errr...that is what the trust is trying to do..

Global you seem a reasonable sort of chap and my hope is that Pompey have more supporters like you trying to bang the drum for change and acceptance of the facts. The point is you will admit that you have a large amount of delusional supporters who will not face up to reality. It also seems to me that there has also been very little attempt to whip up support from the wider footballing world.

I genuinely wish you luck with what your trust is hoping to do. Do you have a link to their website?

Global

Feb 1, 2012
Global you seem a reasonable sort of chap and my hope is that Pompey have more supporters like you trying to bang the drum for change and acceptance of the facts. The point is you will admit that you have a large amount of delusional supporters who will not face up to reality. It also seems to me that there has also been very little attempt to whip up support from the wider footballing world.

I genuinely wish you luck with what your trust is hoping to do. Do you have a link to their website?

Thanks. Every club has delusional supporters. Agree that the message needs to get out there more. Unable to post a link as I need to have posted at least 25 times on this forum before links are accepted. Just google Pompey Supporters Trust. It will come up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well we aren't even paying the wages at the moment...

In which case you shouldn't be allowed to pick the high earning players you signed AFTER administration. The thing most of us find hard to believe is that you're still trying to claim you're not burning money, when you are because of the likes of Kitson & Lawrence. Unless we've all been mislead and they're getting paid in magic beans.

Get relegated- or not- with your reserve side/ youth team out there, having sold the expensive senior players, & we might find some sympathy because at least it would appear the problem is being addressed. Stay up by virtue of keeping Kitson et al, & you won't find a shred of sympathy on here if the club goes to the wall.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
In which case you shouldn't be allowed to pick the high earning players you signed AFTER administration. The thing most of us find hard to believe is that you're still trying to claim you're not burning money, when you are because of the likes of Kitson & Lawrence. Unless we've all been mislead and they're getting paid in magic beans.

Get relegated- or not- with your reserve side/ youth team out there, having sold the expensive senior players, & we might find some sympathy because at least it would appear the problem is being addressed. Stay up by virtue of keeping Kitson et al, & you won't find a shred of sympathy on here if the club goes to the wall.

Your perogative.. Quite gladly sell our more expensive players as I have said before. But to suggest we don't play them while they are still at the club is quite deluded. If they decide not to play for us because they have not been paid is a totally different story.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Your perogative.. Quite gladly sell our more expensive players as I have said before. But to suggest we don't play them while they are still at the club is quite deluded. If they decide not to play for us because they have not been paid is a totally different story.

I think you will discover that the perogative of the overwhelming majority of football fans up and down the country is that Portsmouth Football Clubs fans hopefully, will receive what they are long overdue.......a rather painful reality check.

While you to continue to play seriously overpaid players' with no funds available....whilst other more honest clubs like Doncaster Rovers, Peterborough etc etc etc are below you in the league table and stare relegation in the face......you have the bare-faced gall, to come on other clubs forums, pleading for support.

You used the word 'deluded'......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

By the way.....the whole country knows you have had crooked people involved in your club for years and years.....and I don't recall a single dissenting Portsmouth fans voice during your halcyon days in the Premiership.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm with Bozza on this. Is there anything to stop Tony Bloom buying Reyes, Razak, Vokes etc and putting them and the rest on £20k a week on five-year contracts? Gus has said he wants a better wage structure. Folks on here would be delighted. What if Gus then went to Spurs, we got crap, got relegated, Bloom got bored and left - how soon til we are in Pompey's position? what could we do about it? 'Sack the Board'? and then the next one is just as bad? Fans have little control.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with Bozza on this. Is there anything to stop Tony Bloom buying Reyes, Razak, Vokes etc and putting them and the rest on £20k a week on five-year contracts? Gus has said he wants a better wage structure. Folks on here would be delighted. What if Gus then went to Spurs, we got crap, got relegated, Bloom got bored and left - how soon til we are in Pompey's position? what could we do about it? 'Sack the Board'? and then the next one is just as bad? Fans have little control.

It's all about revenue streams though. We are being run as a BUSINESS by a reputable businessman. Tony Bloom has a track record of making money and everything that has been giong on at this club is making us a sustainable business. Pompey are completely the opposite. No hospitality, no community work, no f***ing NOUSE. It's a completely different story.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
I think you will discover that the perogative of the overwhelming majority of football fans up and down the country is that Portsmouth Football Clubs fans hopefully, will receive what they are long overdue.......a rather painful reality check.

While you to continue to play seriously overpaid players' with no funds available....whilst other more honest clubs like Doncaster Rovers, Peterborough etc etc etc are below you in the league table and stare relegation in the face......you have the bare-faced gall, to come on other clubs forums, pleading for support.

You used the word 'deluded'......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I haven't come pleading for support. Up to you what think I was just trying to get my point across. You go on about recieiving a reality check? Be serious the majority of Pompey fans are under no illusion..but just carry on believing what you want. You really think that I am proud of how my club is being run?? Far from it. I wish to God that we could pay our way and no doubt we will soon be seriously punished for not doing so. Wish the majority of our players were sold to pay debts...they wern't..so what you going to do not play them?? of course you are...Albion would and every other club would in our situation..

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and in your new home..it has been a long time in coming.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I haven't come pleading for support. Up to you what think I was just trying to get my point across. You go on about recieiving a reality check? Be serious the majority of Pompey fans are under no illusion..but just carry on believing what you want. You really think that I am proud of how my club is being run?? Far from it. I wish to God that we could pay our way and no doubt we will soon be seriously punished for not doing so. Wish the majority of our players were sold to pay debts...they wern't..so what you going to do not play them?? of course you are...Albion would and every other club would in our situation..

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and in your new home..it has been a long time in coming.

You seem to be a very reasonable guy and I do feel for you in terms of potentially seeing your club liquidated . BUT I also think that the serial defaulters such as palace and Pompey encourage other clubs/club owners to follow the same path.

Leicester seem like they be at it again? More clubs will be saved by Pompey folding than by Pompey getting away with ridiculous debts again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's all about revenue streams though. We are being run as a BUSINESS by a reputable businessman. Tony Bloom has a track record of making money and everything that has been giong on at this club is making us a sustainable business. Pompey are completely the opposite. No hospitality, no community work, no f***ing NOUSE. It's a completely different story.

Plus Bloom is a 3rd generation Albion director with blue and white blood in his veins.

Whereas Pompey have grasped at and ushered in seemingly EVERY dodgy unknown foreign businessman who's washed up in the Solent, dragged him through the Fratton door and immediately gone out SPLURGING on his rubber chequebook almost before he's pulled it from his back pocket - and then gone "oh GOLLY !" when (surprise surprise) its gone spectacularly tits up. YET AGAIN.

f*** em. Hampshire & District Pub 2nd XI League beckons. And is richly deserved for PFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here