Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Love isn't in the air, but it's in the cabinet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So you know for a fact who is involved then?

no. my view is based on the likely candidates, or the point i made earler, if it isnt involving a cabinet member just how serious can it really be?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I will rejoice on the day such tittle tattle means jack shit to the British electorate. It would be hugely depressing if Cameron was sunk because of this.

Seriously, the only time it should ever matter is if you're a party stupid enough to campaign as "the party of family values" or some such drivel. These days, none of them are daft enough to do that.

Or perhaps 'We will go back to basics'? So no worries there as we're all in this together.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If, for example, it was the well-heeled former-politico father of a current very senior politician's wife who was having an affair with said politician's best friend, would anyone care? All sensible people would surely just shrug their shoulders and leave them to get on with it although Simster has a very legitimate point.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I find the idea that anyone would have sex with a Tory utterly incomprehensible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find the idea that anyone would have sex with a Tory utterly incomprehensible.

Agree. And the idea that two middle-aged Tories are at it makes me feel rather queazy. It's worse than thinking about your grandparents doin' it.

Stumpy Tim

I will rejoice on the day such tittle tattle means jack shit to the British electorate. It would be hugely depressing if Cameron was sunk because of this.

Seriously, the only time it should ever matter is if you're a party stupid enough to campaign as "the party of family values" or some such drivel. These days, none of them are daft enough to do that.

Yes, but if you have Cameron's Press Secretary nobbing the editor of the disgraced News of the World, that becomes interesting - that's the News of the World getting "special access" at the heart of government

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm sure many of you now know who it is, allegedly, and are finding it as funny as I am ... IF TRUE. You couldn't make it up .... I guess family values is even more apt a statement now!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and if you don't there is no way anyone's going to put it out on a social forum without a great lawyer, very large wallet and a penchant for Ford Open Prison and Porridge!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I fail to see how rumours of any MPs having an affair would possibly shock or surprise us in this day & age.

After the Major & Currie revelations, then nothing is left to amaze us (unless it was Widdecombe & anyone else). Most MPs are so dull & anonymous, we'd neither notice nor care if they all engaged in a giant wife swapping ring.

It's probably a couple of boring backbenchers that the Mail is desperate to build up into a scandal in order to shift more copies of their rag.

Remains to be seen, but I suspect you're very wrong on this. Currie and Major would if revealed at the time been sensational only as a high-profile affair. This sounds like it has political connotations, hence the suggestions as to who it might be so far. The implication is that, said affair may suggest influence on big political decisions. Much much bigger than Currie/Major.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It is NOT two MPs, it's more the relationship and friendship with the families and Cameron that makes it very politically, personally and establishment sensitive....if true!

Camicus

Guido fawkes is reporting it as ACRB adding that to the speaker has reafirmed that sub judicy trumps parliamentary privalidge...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Seriously guys it's the family links that makes this one funny, and it's a wife of, but she held (or holds) a privileged access post

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
still cannot believe major/currie didnt come out at the time. iirc story finally saw light of day during a labour conference in early noughties

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've heard it said before that the French are always amazed at the British fascination with the sexual shenanigans of those in the public eye. They seemingly don't care who their politicians are frolicking with behind their wives backs, so long as it doesn't affect their jobs.

The British press, on the other hand, are never less than thrilled at such revelations. Obviously in this case if it has had some influence on parliamentary decision making then it's an issue. But if it's just a salacious bit of gossiping, then, meh.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I always wonder if a similar situation could happen in Britain as in France when the wife of former President Mitterand invited his Mistress to be an official mourner at his funeral.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
I always wonder if a similar situation could happen in Britain as in France when the wife of former President Mitterand invited his Mistress to be an official mourner at his funeral.

frankly I would hope not! nowt great about cheating on yer missis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here