Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Louis Theroux tonight

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Chesney Christ said:
I don't understand your point.

Your problem with Theoroux appears to be that he exposes poor little racist or homophobic bigots? Nope, still don't understand what your point is. Please clarify.

My point is major religions have some of the same ideas. I saw a programme recently about Lesbian women in the Jewish orthdox community and how they suffered from homophobia within that community.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Chesney Christ said:
Surely anyone moronic enough to go along with anything those people said last night would do so regardless of Louis Theroux's documentary-making style...

True but he was the one who gave them publicity on British TV. I had never heard of them till then

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Just because their views don't fall into line with most of the world doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed those views however controversial they may be and i think this is partly what's behind Theroux's philosophy as a documentary maker.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
coventrygull said:
True but he was the one who gave them publicity on British TV. I had never heard of them till then

They are pretty well known, I'd heard about Fred before *shrug*.

Louis seems one of the fairest and most compassionate interviewers on TV, I don't see how that makes him a wanker. However, you certainly seem to be coming across as one...

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Bad Ash said:
They are pretty well known, I'd heard about Fred before *shrug*.

Louis seems one of the fairest and most compassionate interviewers on TV, I don't see how that makes him a wanker. However, you certainly seem to be coming across as one...

Just expressing my own personal opinion on the subject. If that means you calling me a wanker well thats yours and probably a few others opinion. Well thats up to you but I respect that :lolol:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
coventrygull said:
Strong words please explain :D

as Bad Ash points out above they are a fairly well known 'activist' group. You don't become the most hated family in the USA without having a high profile.

They have been carrying out highly controversial protests at soldiers funerals for some time now and have had widespread media coverage.

perhaps my language was a bit harsh for which i apologise.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
coventrygull said:
My point is major religions have some of the same ideas. I saw a programme recently about Lesbian women in the Jewish orthdox community and how they suffered from homophobia within that community.

Yes, there are many religious which share the view homosexuality is wrong, but they don't picket funerals. This 'church' seemed to be obsessed with one particular interpretation of one tiny aspect of the bible.

Why do they not picket those who break the one of 10 commandments, surely God would see that as a more important breach of his rules?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Normal Rob said:
as Bad Ash points out above they are a fairly well known 'activist' group. You don't become the most hated family in the USA without having a high profile.

They have been carrying out highly controversial protests at soldiers funerals for some time now and have had widespread media coverage.

perhaps my language was a bit harsh for which i apologise.

Thats OK. Its just that I had never heard of them before. I am aware of the religious right in the US and the majority of their views appear didn't seem to different from them except god hating America. Which of course we know he doesnt :lolol:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Bad Ash said:
Yes, there are many religious which share the view homosexuality is wrong, but they don't picket funerals. This 'church' seemed to be obsessed with one particular interpretation of one tiny aspect of the bible.

Why do they not picket those who break the one of 10 commandments, surely God would see that as a more important breach of his rules?

True they don't picket funerals but they do ostracize the living. I don't know whats worse but I do dislike these religious fanatics of all kinds

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
magoo said:
Let's be honest, they are probably a bunch of peadophiles. That Hellfire and brimstone lot usually are.

I do find that those who bang on about homosexuals tend to be that way inclined themselves

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
coventrygull said:
True they don't picket funerals but they do ostracize the living. I don't know whats worse but I do dislike these religious fanatics of all kinds

So do we all. But why is that you dislike Theroux for exposing the religious fanatics that you dislike?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
mona said:
Louis Theroux is an Albion fan. I have seen him in the South Stand.

I don't think he is. I reckon you will find that he was filming another in this series about crazy people and the scary things they get up to.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
he should have tracked down and interviewed the 4 members of the family that left

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here