Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Both off then
Isnt this just exactly what he said a week or two ago though? When he basically said along the lines of ''yes they could go to a bigger team this summer, or they could stay with us'' but then the headlines/twitter journalists just didnt focus on the second part of the statement. RDZ seems to just be very honest and open with these statements in saying that going somewhere else is an option, but also staying with us is an option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isnt this just exactly what he said a week or two ago though? When he basically said along the lines of ''yes they could go to a bigger team this summer, or they could stay with us'' but then the headlines/twitter journalists just didnt focus on the second part of the statement. RDZ seems to just be very honest and open with these statements in saying that going somewhere else is an option, but also staying with us is an option.

Alexis thinks he’s off as well by the look of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
RdZ’s reputation from Sassoulo seems to be that he can make fairly ordinary midfielders look dynamite, so I have faith we won’t miss the pair TOO much next year.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If the price is right. Perhaps.

And if the manager is that sanguine there will be players* incoming.

I'm not bothered. It's what happens at our level*.

*Better players :shrug:
Thought we may hold onto Caicedo but not hugely surprised if he goes as well and think the way RDZ is talking suggests something likely to be done quick and we know about it so am sure there is a grand plan to replace both.

Be interesting to see where they end up as Liverpool I struggle to see where Mac plays and there were rumours doing the rounds about arsenal wanting Caicedo as an inverted right back. Probably bollocks but would be a strange move if true.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its going to be hard losing them, not sure if we can keep getting lucky with replacements. I can't help thinking of the huge amounts of talented footballers Stains sold in recent years....and look where they are now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its going to be hard losing them, not sure if we can keep getting lucky with replacements. I can't help thinking of the huge amounts of talented footballers Stains sold in recent years....and look where they are now.
Or look at clubs like Leicester who held on players like Maddison & Tielemans for to long and just walked away on a free when they probably could have got £100M for the pair last summer.

Our model will always be buy low/young, sell at their peak

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I feel bloody miserable tonight after realising MacAllister really does seem to be going.
It was a little chilly today. I think I've ruddy well had enough. Shall we start a suicide pact thread?

Or might we think about getting a f***ing grip?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Think this is it for Mac Allister- but he will leave our club as a hero and for that he deserves all the support and praise possible- hope he succeeds wherever he ends up (even if, rather awkwardly it ends up being Liverpool and we end up playing them in the EL).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Love RDZ but do wish he'd lay off the 'deserve better, to play at a higher level' etc. I appreciate we're not Real Madrid, but it doesn't really need reiterating that 'We are Brighton, no?'

Ali and Caicedo will soon no longer be 'My pleyer' sadly.
Bear in mind that he’s been learning English for about 6 months. It’s quite hard to get the subtleties right in a second language even when you’re far more advanced than that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bear in mind that he’s been learning English for about 6 months. It’s quite hard to get the subtleties right in a second language even when you’re far more advanced than that.
Here’s some audio

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
It was a little chilly today. I think I've ruddy well had enough. Shall we start a suicide pact thread?

Or might we think about getting a f***ing grip?
I agree HW! This forum is hard work sometimes...WEVE JUST FINISHED 6TH AND THE BEST SEASON EVER. ALI MAC AND CAICEDO HAVE BEEN QUALITY AND BOTH WANT TOO MOVE ON. We like them also need to move on. We will get something in the region off £150m for them. Yes the club will not spend all of it on players BUT THEY WILL make sure what players we sign will be to RDZ liking. WE HAVE TO TRUST THE PROCESS. Enjoy what has happened to this club and look forward to what most of us oldies thought may never happen in our lifetime. The club is bigger than two players and all the time Tony's at the helm we will be fine. The time to start bedwetting is when Tony's heart is no longer in it, not now! Roll on August and the start of a new adventure. UTA

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Goodbye Mackie WC winner, class act - you have served us well - some out of this world goals from the spot, always quietly working hard in MF to hold up the backbone of our attacking shape. Goodbye Moises - top bloke, top player, no one energises a counter like you do - thank you for staying with us in January to see we qualified for the Europa - both of you.

(can we correct the sp of Mac Allister’s name in the thread title please - it’s annoying)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We've had some great results with Moises at RB or not involved at all but he is key. We absolutely have to find a player as close to his calibre and skillset as possible. This should be our primary focus and if necessary largest expenditure this summer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We’re not losing Max and possible Caicedo; we’re selling them. And we’ll sell them at a price that TB believes is enough that we can buy the right players to give a net improvement of the squad overall.

Let’s face it, our recruitment team could have some serious fun with 150m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here