Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lose tomorrow and he is GONE

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We WILL lose no question at all. He WILL still be in charge Box Day when Reading claim their three points and when Fulham claim theirs, sadly he will be here in Jan.

I have absolutely ZERO faith in all things BHA at the moment.

BIN THE FINN

I think he has been given 6 league games to turn things around. The bad news is achieving 2 points out of 18.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Clarke became manager very soon after Atkins was sacked.Maybe Bloom is wanting his new man in place as well.....IF the axe falls .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The most obvious strategy is to give him three more games. That takes us to the end of the year and the break from league action for the FAC. This would give someone new a little bit of time before Charlton ( 10 Jan )
I can't see more than a couple of points out of the next nine and the gap to safety will have widened. Its a hell of a risk to stick with Hyypia beyond this.
A new manager will probably need 6-8 games to bed in and that will only leave the final third of the season.

RowXintheNorth

Aug 12, 2011
Bishopstone
Makes no sense to me either, I can see the merit of a change now, but I'm not convinced we will get one, as others have said there have been some points at which the moderate consensus was he's got to go, and yet he stayed.

Having been through what we have as a club, moaning about a hapless manager peddling ineffective tactics is the kind of problem we could only dream of having in the dark days.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeh I dont quite buy it - it seems the strategy is to give Sami some money in Jan and see how it goes til Feb-March - then there is still the last-gasp option of giving someone else a Slade-style rescue bid.

Unless of course Bloom is so stubborn that he only wants to sack Sami when he wants to and not when fans clamour for it most, then tomorrow could be an option - but I dont think he's that small minded.
Perhaps there was a set number of games to start to turn things around and Wolves is the last of them? I'm trying to be positive here.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Rubbish he is here until well after the January window as Bloom is going to give him a massive war chest in January and then give him the time for the new players to gell. Just accept it.

I hear what you're saying but don't want to accept it. It makes no footballing or financial sense whatsoever - & therefore fits in neatly with most decisions during the last 12 months, frankly

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The good news about defeat to Millwall was that it was his last game. Only it wasn't. Same will happen after Wolves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lose at home to Millwall - no worries.
Lose away to Wolves - fired.

That makes absolutely no sense - so as serious as Ernest isn't, it will probably end up happening... :shrug:

That's the game I came out of thinking he should go.

We were outplayed and out thought by a League 1 side, and a dinosaur of a Manager.

If Stockdale hadn't had such a good game we would have lost by three or four.

How he's held on so long is baffling.

I agree with DTES but am at a loss to remember Stockdale making any great saves v Rotherham perhaps somebody can remind me.

FWIW I think he will be here longer than Oscar was.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I agree with DTES but am at a loss to remember Stockdale making any great saves v Rotherham perhaps somebody can remind me.

He made a couple of saves as I remember but they were more or less shot right at him, great saves they were not. I think I've seen him pick the ball out of the back of the net more than ive seen him make great saves.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think we will lose, but if we did I don't he would be out. Here till at least late feb or March.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Stockdale got his fingertips to Greer's goalbound attempt at a clearance in the 89th minute :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with DTES but am at a loss to remember Stockdale making any great saves v Rotherham.

He made a couple of saves as I remember but they were more or less shot right at him, great saves they were not..

Oh FFS, do give over. Its this kind of denial that makes any anti-Stockdale (or any other player) argument you put forward, utterly redundant.

Stockdale single handedly won the Albion a point in that game. He made three or four good saves, including two genuinely excellent ones very late on - one down to his right from a direct free kick, and one from Greer's sliced clearance that he had absolutely no right to keep out.

Boring.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember the Greer deflection but the rest as I remember were routine saves you expect your keeper to make. I honestly do not think that he has in any game made the saves that you would class as earning us points that he had no right or expectation to make. He is getting better but is still a long way off of a £1m valued keeper and a long way behind Kuszczak in ability and saving us points, even taking in to account the last few weeks of TK.

As Brian Clough always said a good keeper will earn you 20 points a season but Stockdale has done nothing to support that theory, hopefully he will in this half of the season having had half a season to get acclimatised.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
You don't just pull performances out of the bag especially against decent teams. Don't think he'll get much heat if he loses but could do if we lose to the next soft team. If we lose to Blackpool thats when the **** hits the fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hear what you're saying but don't want to accept it. It makes no footballing or financial sense whatsoever - & therefore fits in neatly with most decisions during the last 12 months, frankly

I know, depressing isn't it?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I remember the Greer deflection but the rest as I remember were routine saves you expect your keeper to make. I honestly do not think that he has in any game made the saves that you would class as earning us points that he had no right or expectation to make. He is getting better but is still a long way off of a £1m valued keeper and a long way behind Kuszczak in ability and saving us points, even taking in to account the last few weeks of TK.

As Brian Clough always said a good keeper will earn you 20 points a season but Stockdale has done nothing to support that theory, hopefully he will in this half of the season having had half a season to get acclimatised.

His save from their low free kick was absolutely superb - especially as (as I remember) he was unsighted until late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here