Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like it will be 30k+ for Wolves

The staduim planning permission limits attendances to just under 28,500 currently.

One condition limits it to just under 28,500 this season full stop.

The other limits it to just under 28,500 until alternative arrangements have been found for Bennett's Field.

As Alex Dawson has pointed out there are no valid planning applications to vary or discharge these conditions. If there is an attendance over 28,500 then the Club will be operating in contravention with the planning permission however the Local Authority need to ensure that any action they could take would be in the public interest.

We can assume the Club have been given a nod that this wont be an issue. There can be no real public interest in stopping two events taking place that might have an additional 1,000 in attendance then normal given that the transport operation has worked pretty well thus far.

Its not worth worrying abuot, it's more of a long term issue for next season because if we do get promoted we wont want to be limited to just under 28.5k then.

I can't think of another explanation. Even if it will get approved "on the nod", the relaxing a planning condition requires a due process to be followed so I think a blind eye is being turned here and a pragmatic approach adopted by the Council (both officers and politicians).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ticket Exchange currently sold out. If you have spares make them available, let's pack it out.

PG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If we do get over 30k, it will be the first 30,000-plus home attendance since April 13, 1979, when we beat Charlton 2-0 at the Goldstone (30,859). I was there - anyone else?!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
This is the wording of the planning condition that presumably restricted our capacity to 28,500:

"No more than 5,991 seats of the 8,250 additional capacity hereby approved shall
be brought into use unless details of an additional permanent park and ride
solution, or an alternative transport solution, has been agreed in writing by the
Local Planning Authority in consultation with the highways authorities and until the
permanent park and ride solution, or an alternative transport solution has been
implemented."

There is no mention of this restriction in capacity applying to all of the current season. So either we have complied with this planning condition or it has been relaxed for the last two games of this season. If we have complied with it then we have been given the consent from the highways agency and have put additional transport measures in place. As no new park and ride has materialised this might simply mean providing more buses. If it's been relaxed this might mean just demonstrating that there is still some slack in the system to take up the additional spectators.

Update: Just read condition 1 of the decision letter:

Of the additional 8,250 capacity hereby approved, only 5,991 seats of the
additional capacity shall be brought into use for the 2012/2013 football season.

Note to self: Stop talking sh*t.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
We made the play-off final the year the premiership started and missed out....

God help we dont miss out on the first year of financial windfall...

you're one season out......promotion that season would've meant being in the top flight for the 91-92 season. The Premiership started in the 92-93 season

Notts County weren't in the first season of the prem

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Didn't I read somewhere that they are extending the Race Hill P&R? If so would that satisfy the requirement?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
MP said on the Albion Roar show a few weeks back that planning permission, safety certificates etc had been approved on the full capacity of 30K+. Transport issues currently being resolved meant that the full capacity couldn't be used till next season, but that they were working very hard to try and get approval to use the full capacity before the end of the season. They were confident they would be successful in this, "watch this space" was what they said.

This is the wording of the planning condition that presumably restricted our capacity to 28,500:

"No more than 5,991 seats of the 8,250 additional capacity hereby approved shall
be brought into use unless details of an additional permanent park and ride
solution, or an alternative transport solution, has been agreed in writing by the
Local Planning Authority in consultation with the highways authorities and until the
permanent park and ride solution, or an alternative transport solution has been
implemented."

There is no mention of this restriction in capacity applying to all of the current season. So either we have complied with this planning condition or it has been relaxed for the last two games of this season. If we have complied with it then we have been given the consent from the highways agency and have put additional transport measures in place. As no new park and ride has materialised this might simply mean providing more buses. If it's been relaxed this might mean just demonstrating that there is still some slack in the system to take up the additional spectators.

Update: Just read condition 1 of the decision letter:

Of the additional 8,250 capacity hereby approved, only 5,991 seats of the
additional capacity shall be brought into use for the 2012/2013 football season.

Note to self: Stop talking sh*t.

Easily done isn't it?:lolol:

It appears that the club has now submitted an application to vary this condition (BH2013/01356, dated 30/4/2013). There's a summary on the council's online register but the application has yet to be fully registered (ie validated) so full details are unavailable atm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
you're one season out......promotion that season would've meant being in the top flight for the 91-92 season. The Premiership started in the 92-93 season

Notts County weren't in the first season of the prem

I too thought Notts County were in the Premiership in it's first year, but you're right it was the follwoing year that it started

Look who got relegated on goal difference from Oldham that season :lolol:

1992–93 FA Premier League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've got a decision to make. As some folk know I follow Harlequins Rugby Club. I also have a ticket for the Albion.

Do I go to see Harlequins in their final home game of the season that still has something riding on it, or go and see the Albion knowing it will be the biggest ever Amex crowd.

Both sides have play-off games to come, but Quins will be away.

Nice problem though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here