Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like it will be 30k+ for Wolves

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Me neither. The stadium capacity is restricted to just under 28,500 for season 2012/13 by a condition of the "expansion" planning consent due to concerns about whether the transport management system/plan/arrangements etc can actually cope with 30,750 atm. When the Falmer station improvements and Coldean/Moulsecombe cpz's are up and running (ie next season) hopefully speeding station throughout and improving the traffic flows, particularly in Coldean Lane, then the we'll be ok provided the Highways Agency is happy. To relax this planning condition atm should require a variation to the consent but, as you say, there is no evidence on the BHCC online system of such an application having been submitted.

The club was confident that the issues surrounding the Highways Agency's involvement in the project would be finalised before the last game of the season.

The fact they're announcing expectation of a 30,000+ crowd leads me to believe the HA's 'approval' has been sent.

Unless the club announce the amount of people actually in the ground, which would likely still be under 28,500?

Unlikely for this one. The sterile areas between us and the away fans are only 5 columns (as opposed to half a block before). The new North Middle tier has been sold in full and the ticket exchange is about to go live.

Of our 30750 capacity, just 350ish will be segregation, so expect an official number just below 30500. I suspect the actual numbers there will be very close to 30000. This game willl probably have the lowest number of ST no shows of the year. Nice weather, ticket exchange active, and we have done rather well recently!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be just like to dark old days.

I'd look around and say 'I reckon the crowds about 12,852 today'.

Then the announced attendance would be 8,325.

Jimmy Grimble

Unlikely for this one. The sterile areas between us and the away fans are only 5 columns (as opposed to half a block before). The new North Middle tier has been sold in full and the ticket exchange is about to go live.

Of our 30750 capacity, just 350ish will be segregation, so expect an official number just below 30500. I suspect the actual numbers there will be very close to 30000. This game willl probably have the lowest number of ST no shows of the year. Nice weather, ticket exchange active, and we have done rather well recently!

Hope you're right! 30,000+ actually in the ground with the sun beaming down is a fantastic thought.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Me neither. The stadium capacity is restricted to just under 28,500 for season 2012/13 by a condition of the "expansion" planning consent due to concerns about whether the transport management system/plan/arrangements etc can actually cope with 30,750 atm. When the Falmer station improvements and Coldean/Moulsecombe cpz's are up and running (ie next season) hopefully speeding station throughout and improving the traffic flows, particularly in Coldean Lane, then the we'll be ok provided the Highways Agency is happy. To relax this planning condition atm should require a variation to the consent but, as you say, there is no evidence on the BHCC online system of such an application having been submitted.

is the capacity limited to 28,500 for the play-offs too?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
It'll be just like to dark old days.

I'd look around and say 'I reckon the crowds about 12,852 today'.

Then the announced attendance would be 8,325.

That did happen rather alot!

You would go to a game and think there was a good crowd and they would announce an attendace of 8000 say then the next week you would go and think quite a few less this week and then the attendance was announced at 8000.

Fiddling the books? Can't believe that!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We made the play-off final the year the premiership started and missed out....

God help we dont miss out on the first year of financial windfall...

its now on website.

So it is, but it would be useful if existing STH's actually knew they could get some money back if they can't go. I've had a couple of emails from the club this week about tickets, one about the exchange could do wonders.

Although most readers here are informed, I am guessing most STH's do not realise what the exchange is or how it works. I think it's only been used once this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's just hit me that the season in over on Saturday for most Championship teams. How depressing for them. We've barely had a game in the sun, and it's over. And no summer tourny to look forward to. Thankfully we have a couple of extra games.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The staduim planning permission limits attendances to just under 28,500 currently.

One condition limits it to just under 28,500 this season full stop.

The other limits it to just under 28,500 until alternative arrangements have been found for Bennett's Field.

As Alex Dawson has pointed out there are no valid planning applications to vary or discharge these conditions. If there is an attendance over 28,500 then the Club will be operating in contravention with the planning permission however the Local Authority need to ensure that any action they could take would be in the public interest.

We can assume the Club have been given a nod that this wont be an issue. There can be no real public interest in stopping two events taking place that might have an additional 1,000 in attendance then normal given that the transport operation has worked pretty well thus far.

Its not worth worrying abuot, it's more of a long term issue for next season because if we do get promoted we wont want to be limited to just under 28.5k then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The staduim planning permission limits attendances to just under 28,500 currently.

One condition limits it to just under 28,500 this season full stop.

The other limits it to just under 28,500 until alternative arrangements have been found for Bennett's Field.

As Alex Dawson has pointed out there are no valid planning applications to vary or discharge these conditions. If there is an attendance over 28,500 then the Club will be operating in contravention with the planning permission however the Local Authority need to ensure that any action they could take would be in the public interest.

We can assume the Club have been given a nod that this wont be an issue. There can be no real public interest in stopping two events taking place that might have an additional 1,000 in attendance then normal given that the transport operation has worked pretty well thus far.

Its not worth worrying abuot, it's more of a long term issue for next season because if we do get promoted we wont want to be limited to just under 28.5k then.

Did anyone notice any problems when it went up to 28500? Didn't seem to be

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds amazing - a record crowd, and all to see the reserves.

Insider has confirmed that the capacity for Saturday and the play-offs is 30,750.
Thanks.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
So it is, but it would be useful if existing STH's actually knew they could get some money back if they can't go. I've had a couple of emails from the club this week about tickets, one about the exchange could do wonders.

Although most readers here are informed, I am guessing most STH's do not realise what the exchange is or how it works. I think it's only been used once this year.

Oh I agree 100%, a simple email to all STH's saying 'if you can't go this week then sell your tickets on the exchange etc etc' is all that's needed. This must be the earliest its been activated before a match so plenty of time to do it, and it is a win-win for the club.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
sardines.jpg

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We made the play-off final the year the premiership started and missed out....

God help we dont miss out on the first year of financial windfall...

No we didnt, we made the play offs in 1991 the premier league was formed in 1992 , the first season was 1992/93

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here