Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking Ahead to Hull

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Sunday Night News Flash (Please!)
Brighton and Hove Albion or Hull City v Charlton Athletic or Sheffield Wednesday

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I expect both managers to field the best team they can. It's a Monday night so plenty of time to rest up for the next match, I think we need the cash while Steve Bruce and Hull will be viewing the tie as eminently winnable themselves.

What I'm looking forward to is seeing us play at a slightly higher tempo. Being a cup match against Prem opposition we'll get nowhere if we play at the same pace as in the Donny and Leeds games. Win, lose or draw I'm hoping the match will act as a catalyst to kick on in the League just like the Arsenal match last season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wish we didn't have to wait until Monday for the game now :angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We should unleash the hounds of hell on their ass*.

(* - Failing that, play a strong attack-minded team.)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We should unleash the hounds of hell on their ass*.

(* - Failing that, play a strong attack-minded team.)

Nothing to lose.

Quick question re the game, has anyone received the car parking tickets if they have prepaid for them??

Yes, today, twice. Also received someone elses tickets yesterday, have sorted this out with the booking office (mine are of the load on card variety)

Keith1969

May 18, 2013
We better go for it I am ashamed to say it will be my 1st visit to the Amex and a 750 mile round trip getting home around 5 am Tuesday morning,cant wait for it just for the experience but a win is possible if we go at them from the off.:amex::blush:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Listening to Paul Barbers interview, I get the feeling that BHAFC are dong everything by the book, I'm not really sure how "front loading" is done, or how legit it is, but PB seems to think the FL will be scrutinsing things very carefully, and BHAFC won't be takig risks with it. In the medium term I think this approach to FFP will work out very, very good for the Albion, in a few years time we could be set up very nicely.

Yeah but say our losses for this year are -4.3m for example, I reckon we'd probably spend money to boost our loss to 8m. If something could be paid for now as opposed to the following year when the allowed loss drops again (to 5m?) it would make sense. We did that with the electronic ad hoardings for example.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As strong a team as possible. Theres a long break before the next game so no need to rest anyone.

This is as good a chance of making the quarter finals and all the attendant money and glory that comes with it. Will be a real shame if we dont give it our best shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here