Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking Ahead to Hull

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In reply to Superphil. I do not think the quarter final draw will affect team selection, because the financial rewards for winning this game are incentive enough regardless of who our potential opponent is. When you factor in tv money for Rd 6 we stand to make around £700,000 for winning on monday if previously quoted figures are correct. You can sue that Bloom and Barber will REALLY want to win this one.

Quite frankly I can see the draw being a slight distraction if anything.

In light of the £700K, does this make it a given that our losses, previously predicted to be £8M, come down to £7.3M for the year?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beat Hull
Play Sheff Wed at The Amex in the quarters. Win.
Play Southampton in the semi's at Wembley. Win.
Play Man City in the final. Lose 5-1.

I prefer

Amex v Hull win
Amex v Sheff Utd win
Wembley v Wigan win
Wembley v Southampton win

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hull will surely have one eye on their crucial match away at Cardiff the following Saturday.

OK, we've got an equally important one against Wigan, but I hope our real focus until after the match is the cup.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hasn't that figure of £8m been mentioned before we sold Bridcutt?

It'll be close to 8m whatever I think. If they have any sense, they'll front load any expense from 14/15 into this season if any unexpected windfall comes along.

I hope OG plays the strongest 11. Apart from the fact that the FA cup is still a big deal, a win means a guaranteed £400k bonus from prize money and TV money before a half share of gate receipts are even accounted for.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In light of the £700K, does this make it a given that our losses, previously predicted to be £8M, come down to £7.3M for the year?

Quite possibly as this figure will not have been budgeted for. In my opinion getting down to £8m losses should not be that difficult thanks to stockpiling non-repeating expenses in the previous year's figures and the err....prudent transfer activity. However given our financial situation the FA Cup is potentially a very nice earner indeed.

It is a shame that this is an important aspect of the game, I'd rather be talking about the glory of the cup, but is something that cannot be ignored.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Do you think the outcome of the draw on Sunday might influence the team chosen to face Hull?

I'm not really sure how it would really, if we draw a big boy we'll want to get through for $$$$$$$$$$$$, anyone else and we have a fighting chance. At this stage especially with a fair gap until out next game we really should be going for it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely strongest team possible which means no ****ing about with Brez in goal. Kuszczak must play.

Putting Ankergren in goal against Arsenal cost us the match last year, we mustn't f**** about about with this one. We have a very real chance of reaching the FA Cup Semi Final for only the second time in the clubs history. We must do everything to try and achieve it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I for one will be pretty pissed of if its not a full strength side

There are variations on our full strength side though.

e.g.
Calde - Bruno
you could pick 2 from Buckley / Kaz / March / Rodriguez

I think Ulloa needs games so should start but wouldn't be adverse to seeing Obika start, or Lopez / Augstein / JFC replace Orlandi.

So full strength could still mean 3 or 4 changes from last night.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It'll be close to 8m whatever I think. If they have any sense, they'll front load any expense from 14/15 into this season if any unexpected windfall comes along.

I hope OG plays the strongest 11. Apart from the fact that the FA cup is still a big deal, a win means a guaranteed £400k bonus from prize money and TV money before a half share of gate receipts are even accounted for.

Listening to Paul Barbers interview, I get the feeling that BHAFC are dong everything by the book, I'm not really sure how "front loading" is done, or how legit it is, but PB seems to think the FL will be scrutinsing things very carefully, and BHAFC won't be takig risks with it. In the medium term I think this approach to FFP will work out very, very good for the Albion, in a few years time we could be set up very nicely.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'd like to see the same team again, possibly with Dunk and Chicksen in.

I wonder if seeing who we get in the draw will affect Oscar's team selection?

I would worry with Chicksen up against Elmondhady or what ever his name is.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Definitely strongest team possible which means no ****ing about with Brez in goal. Kuszczak must play.

Putting Ankergren in goal against Arsenal cost us the match last year, we mustn't f**** about about with this one. We have a very real chance of reaching the FA Cup Semi Final for only the second time in the clubs history. We must do everything to try and achieve it.

Pretty much what I wanted to say.:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I for one will be pretty pissed of if its not a full strength side

Prepare yourself just incase it is Brezovan. It might not be, but just ready yourself for that possibility.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The best part of a week's rest before and after the Hull game? Go strong and rotate only for resting purposes rather than to give people a game. JFC in for Stephens, plus starts for LuaLua and potentially Buckley depending how fit he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here