Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest car journey.....

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Edinburgh to Brighton, via Warrington. But I did it over a day and a half (made it to Brighton in time for kickoff).

Don't get much opportunity for longer than that being on a smaller island.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
when i am tired i pull over and have a kip. quite simple really....

You must be. It's so easy to drop off while driving, I've been close many times.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Some people can have a power nap and be as right as rain in 30 mins. But this can be fatal if done on the hard shoulder of a M-way, ironically because of lorry drivers falling asleep.

only a total idiot would sleep on the hard shoulder............its illegal and VERY dangerous.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Dundee this evening.........Canny wait.

Will pass the time playing 'spot the eddie stobart'

Direct drives-wise, my most arduous was probably going south through Texas to Dallas, which was mostly just hundreds of miles of flat farm grasslands.

Toughest was a 750cc motorbike ride in February from LA to SF without more than a brief stop for petrol and a snack. It was so bloody cold that despite several layers on every part of my body, I could feel the cold through the zip on my leather jacket, and through the stitching on my gloves. One of the only times I ever wore a helmet, otherwise my mind would still be frozen inside my brain.
I arrived to park on a steep hillside later that evening, and was so stiff I almost dropped my bike over on the car next to me - managing to stop it but leaving a tiny scratch on the wing of the Toyota, cracking their indicator with my clutch handle.
I left a note with address, and a few weeks later got a quote for repainting the bonnet, straightening the wing and bumper, replacing the whole light fixture unit, and respraying!
Naturally I did not respond, greedy bloody opportunists!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not strictly a CAR, but we drove all the way to Barcelona from Haywards Heath in a coach back in secondary school. Took 24 hours all in all I think.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Tell us which is the most contrived girl's name you spot on your trip!

dont often get to see the front to read names as driving past..!!

if you join the eddie stobart fan club you can get your name on the front within 3 yrs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brighton to Berwang in Austria....one overnighter

Berwang is a beautiful place

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Brighton - Somewhere in Italy.

High school ski trip, ended up being a nightmare. estimated 22 hours, but somehow drivers cocked up, and we had to spend 31 hours on a coach.

I know its CAR journey, but oh well.

I also drove from Toronto to NYC on September 14th 2001. That was a fun trip escpecially trying to get into the US.

I did that too-stupid woman I was 'attached to' at the time looked at the map of North America and decided that T.O.to NY wasn't far so she booked her flight and told me the day before she left what her travel plans were and asked 'could you drive to the airport and pick me up'? When I explained to her the distances involved she said "It doesn't look that far on the map"...

Plus I had to get the stupid bint back to NY for her return flight.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Did the entire length of Italy in a day cramped in the back of a London black cab. Which bizarrely, was painted beige.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Solo? Boston -- Atlanta, on several occasions. 1,100 mi. and ca. 20 hr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here