Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest car journey.....

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
After reading about the albions miles being clocked up with far away fixtures such as Carslile, Hartlepool etc....I did this journey thursday.......

Left Hove at 1.30am to get to Birken head.
Back to Brighton at 3pm had 1 hour sleep.
Leave at 6pm to get to Dundee.
Leave Dundee at 9.30am for Maccelsfield.
Arrive back to Brighton 21.30.

It was a f***ing journey and a half..!! What mamoth journeys have fellow NSCers endured.....for away games, work etc:thumbsup:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Used to live in Edinburgh so often made trip up from Sussex. Worst was 13 and a half hours with traffic jams all the way from M25 J7 to M6 past Preston. Arrived in Edinburgh at 1:30am, just in time to see the last guests leave from the party I had been supposed to go to. No drink left. No food left. Great fun. Now I fly and taxi if I have to make that journey.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once helping a mate out I took a 35cwt transit from Kingston Surrey to Smiths Crisps at Swansea in the morning overloaded it so much so that it wouldnt do more than 40mph, as cardboard is very heavy ,drove back to Kingston in Surrey, Then picked up the governors Volvo to drive a gas connection to Aberdeen to go out on that nights helicopter to the oil rigs. Straight back to Kingston to have the rest of the day off but got called at 1.00pm as I needed to be on the ferry at Dover to go to Germany on the 6 00pm ferry. I was shattered when I got to Frankfurt.

The stupid things you do when you are young.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How long did you sleep in Dundee?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
San Diego to Virginia Beach in about 10 days

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
How long did you sleep in Dundee?

stopped at abingdon services, slept there for cpl of hours. also had about 45 min stop north of birmingham.....cold in that bloody van!!:(

Mar 13, 2008
Drove from worthing to Italy once. Took us about 17 hours.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Reading to up beyond aberdeen in a minibus - close to 14 hours it took us.

used to drive from nottingham to southern spain with a caravan when i was little. (obviously i didnt do the driving) - i know that took a day or two!

Edit: reading to Oban then a 4 hour ferry journey to tiree. that was also fun.

Last edited:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Three years in a row I drove non-stop on charity runs for Children in Need, all from Arundel. Did Monte Carlo in 17 hours no motorway, Salou in about 15 hours and Fieberbrunn in Austria in 10 hours.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
the sat nav took me the wrong way on the return.........ended uo on a single track road nr peebles........then just headed south and drove down the a7, some lovely views round there, even though its in scotland........could be worse........wales!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cheltenham to portsmouth, portsmouth to bournemouth, fly from bournemouth to edinburgh, edinburgh to carlisle, carlisle to edinburgh, fly from edinburgh back to bournemouth, bournemouth to portsmouth, portsmouth to cheltenham

never doing that again

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Utter madness. Could you forgive yourself if you fell asleep at the wheel and killed somebody?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Why on earth would anyone travel from Birkenhead on a Thursday to be in Brighton for 3pm, only to leave for Dundee 3 hours later ?? (On a Saturday, well, yes.......)

because my boss asked if I wanted the job, so i took it......why not on a thursday???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I also drove from Toronto to NYC on September 14th 2001. That was a fun trip escpecially trying to get into the US.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
8 miles in a austin all aggro trying to teach my daughter to drive! Never was so much owed by so few for so little mileage :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here