Broken down train south of Burgess hill. No info being provided at station

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Broken train now shifted but still nothing running south

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Now told that two broken down trains between burgess hill and hassocks. Just run a train south on reverse line. Fingers crossed

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think getting into London is going to be a nightmare FCC seem to have suspended services.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
This make me laugh

FCC website said:
09:07 Brighton to Bedford due 11:36
This train has been revised.It will no longer call at: Brighton, Preston Park, Hassocks, Burgess Hill, Wivelsfield, Farringdon, St Pancras International, St Albans City, Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway, Luton, Leagrave, Harlington, Flitwick and Bedford.This is due to poor weather conditions.

So the Brighton to Bedford train no longer stops at Brighton or Bedford, in fact it looks to me like its Haywards Heath to City Thamslink only

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's amazing that a couple of inches of, not entirely unexpected, snow can cause such a collapse in services.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Pretty chaotic this morning: I grabbed a Victoria train which seemed to be one of very few making it anywhere northwards out of Brighton. It was heaving though: I blagged a seat eventually but most didn't. Roll on this evening.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopped on at Redhill up to East Croydon with minimal bother. Then no trains were going to London Bridge except one slow one (11 stops). I got on that one, only for it to break down for 45 minutes just outside Streatham.

Gash.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's amazing that a couple of inches of, not entirely unexpected, snow can cause such a collapse in services.

My missus in Worthing just rang me to say she`d had a good six inches.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
was it full of cheerful , smiling , blitz spirit tossers ?
The ones who had seats seemed a lot happier than the ones who were stood up, in the freezing cold (no heater) as the train stood there for 45 f***ing minutes with nobody telling us what the bloody hell was wrong.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My missus in Worthing just rang me to say she`d had a good six inches.

4 more than shes used to wont hurt now and agian , be gratefull she tells you when that type of thing happens ,your a lucky man to have a honest gal like that :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
was it full of cheerful , smiling , blitz spirit tossers ?

Or was it full of tedious old twats complaining for the four hundredth time this week that "a bit of snow and this country grinds to a halt...why can't we be
more like Norway/ Switzerland/ Canada etc"?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Or was it full of tedious old twats complaining for the four hundredth time this week that "a bit of snow and this country grinds to a halt...why can't we be
more like Norway/ Switzerland/ Canada etc"?
now now edna - they're entitled to an opinion and when the coast road snarls up at 7.00am and a lack of gritting this morning they may have a point.

many just want to be like Italy/france rather than scandinavian, north american countries

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lots of fun this morning.

Arrived Brighton station 06:15
06:30 Gatwick Express cancelled
06:40 Gatwick Express arrived, we all got on, then it was cancelled
a random Southern train left for Victoria but I couldn;t get on it - it was rammed
06:57 Gatwick Express cancelled
Finally went up on the 07:15 Gatwick Express about 07:25

Can't wait for the retrun leg tonight.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I was stuck on the train that broke down just south of Burgess Hill, wasn't too bad, with driver keeping us informed of what was happening. Got to Hassocks to find that the train in front had also broken down.

The problem was that ice had become compacted on the conductor rail and so the train couldn't move without the train's electricity current tripping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here