Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly I didn't tant. That comment by Husty or what ever his name is sparked a thread being started up by someone else - not me!! I didn't even know it had been started and as soon as I was aware it had I asked for it to be closed!!

I will pm you rather than do it on the forum - if you want -

I am a big believer in forum community spirit myself, but I fail to see what purpose this thread of over 30 pages and 569 odd posts has brought to NSC.

I didn't say you rant/tanted.

Not sure a PM is warranted, we're all friends here. As I say, I'm genuinely interested in what has caused so much distress.

I'm not sure I get your comment on 30 pages/569 odd posts. No one has created this thread to be the length it is, other than those who have posted to it. And, as things stand, only one person has posted to it more than you - LOL - Who Posted?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I would give up now if I were you, Bozza. You just won't be allowed to have the last word on this, more's the pity.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oscar Wilde said its better to BE talked about than NOT talked about.

He has a point xxx

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He can if he locks the thread.
I think you'll find that this is hitony's tiresome modus operandi. Lock the thread after posting some load of old bollocks that he clearly considers some wise adage. Either that or lock a 400 post thread because the OP is a Facebook friend of his and asked him to because he or she doesn't like the turn it took.

Sorry, but I think this crap brand of moderating has done more damage than Lady Gull's annoying LOLing and hunning.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I did try and stop it - ask Hitony

So I'm the ilitterate retard?

Well If you're gonna use an avatar of a bird in a short skirt and long legs bending over on a largely male forum and put little kisses in quoted responses to other peoples threads than the saddo's are gonna latch on to it and come running like flies round shit

Seems it got to a few people and this kicked off

Lady, I've no axe to grind with you at all but playing the innocent missy ??

Pity as a lot of what you write is pretty much on the ball ... anyway thankfully I gotta go out so can't get involved in a sub binfest :smile:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I do like LG and have a lot of respect for the way she reacted to the problem highlighted on here on Saturday, as far as being an arse licker, Saturday was the first time I had spoken to her on here or anywhere.
I do take things to heart it's the way I have always been and if I have to apologise for that so be it, I am sorry.
The internet is my main contact with the world and very valuable to me and I am really enjoying getting back into my favourite football club so I would like to stay posting here, I will remove any emotion from my posts here, I hope that will be enough?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As a half-kraut, I can't believe the insult "hun" is generally deemed to be ok to be used as freely as it is by some on here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As a half-kraut, I can't believe the insult "hun" is generally deemed to be ok to be used as freely as it is by some on here.

I must say, with complaints like that you are sounding like a sour kraut! *stifles my own laughter at my own magnificent humour*

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
[MENTION=25154]martyn20[/MENTION] do you not think 20 odd posts per day is a bit odd? Just asking like.

Please don't start him off, or this could go on for another 20 pages. I know its fun, however i need a few days off. I have never laughed so much, i need to do some work.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm genuinely interested - exactly what bad stuff has happened, particularly directed at you. Can you please list the items, one by one, as I'm completely flummoxed.

From what I can recall, one single person suggested, humorously that you should be banned. And that was that.

The sense of community on NSC has always been important and is, I believe, a large part of why the site continues to be as successful as it is. There will be some bad sorts, but they are few and far between and usually don't last too long. Other than that there is a good mix of sharp humour and sarcasm - all generally with good intent. If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably shouldn't be using any messageboards, let alone NSC.

To be fair, Bozza, there has been a lot of fairly unsubtle criticism on the forum, even if it doesn't explicitly mention names - I think everyone knows who comments have been directed at.

The general tone seems to be, however, that the forum at large has grown tired of a certain posting style that a few posters have been prominently responsible for. It's unfortunate that this whole debate has coincided with that Saturday night thing, because I don't doubt good deeds were done in that case. The forum, however, goes on and shouldn't be expected to silence itself in some kind of awe at the generosity of one poster (I'm thinking particularly of one older member who has been known to get over-emotional and frankly should know better). The forum is very good at self-policing. In this case it seems that it has done this and those who are being attacked are falling behind a lot of inaccurate or irrelevant defences and taking it personally. No one should come here and try to change the forum into how they like it, and that's wat seems to have happened here - perhaps those that feel under attack should take a step back, think about why people are getting tired of them, and think about whether NSC is the place for their brand of social chat.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm genuinely interested - exactly what bad stuff has happened, particularly directed at you. Can you please list the items, one by one, as I'm completely flummoxed.

From what I can recall, one single person suggested, humorously that you should be banned. And that was that.

The sense of community on NSC has always been important and is, I believe, a large part of why the site continues to be as successful as it is. There will be some bad sorts, but they are few and far between and usually don't last too long. Other than that there is a good mix of sharp humour and sarcasm - all generally with good intent. If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably shouldn't be using any messageboards, let alone NSC.

To be fair, Bozza, there has been a lot of fairly unsubtle criticism on the forum, even if it doesn't explicitly mention names - I think everyone knows who comments have been directed at.

The general tone seems to be, however, that the forum at large has grown tired of a certain posting style that a few posters have been prominently responsible for. It's unfortunate that this whole debate has coincided with that Saturday night thing, because I don't doubt good deeds were done in that case. The forum, however, goes on and shouldn't be expected to silence itself in some kind of awe at the generosity of one poster (I'm thinking particularly of one older member who has been known to get over-emotional and frankly should know better). The forum is very good at self-policing. In this case it seems that it has done this and those who are being attacked are falling behind a lot of inaccurate or irrelevant defences and taking it personally. No one should come here and try to change the forum into how they like it, and that's wat seems to have happened here - perhaps those that feel under attack should take a step back, think about why people are getting tired of them, and think about whether NSC is the place for their brand of social chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports