Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Who is involved in this 'spate'?

Ermm....once again you seem to be taking a light hearted post way too seriously mate! You need to chill out a little. You have to remember, that whenever someone posts something on a public forum, you HAVE to accept the rough as well as the smooth. Not everybody will agree with everything you say, and yes, some will even take the piss a little. You just have to learn to accept that and maybe even come back with something yourself. If you don't, you will find yourself being offended all the time. You're better off putting it down to experience, and moving on.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Ermm....once again you seem to be taking a light hearted post way too seriously mate! You need to chill out a little. You have to remember, that whenever someone posts something on a public forum, you HAVE to accept the rough as well as the smooth. Not everybody will agree with everything you say, and yes, some will even take the piss a little. You just have to learn to accept that and maybe even come back with something yourself. If you don't, you will find yourself being offended all the time. You're better off putting it down to experience, and moving on.

But this is the second time a dig has been made against certain members and then dismissed after everyone has read the post, that's a shitty way to have a pop at people do you not see that? Either a spate of people have been banned at their own request or not, which is it? I don't see the joke you see!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But this is the second time a dig has been made against certain members and then dismissed after everyone has read the post, that's a shitty way to have a pop at people do you not see that? Either a spate of people have been banned at their own request or not, which is it? I don't see the joke you see!

What members? Certain suggests something pretty specific and I can't see anything even remotely offensive

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've just read the post by Husty that seemed to start it all, and quite frankly I think the reaction is pathetic.

I have never met him, and I know he gets some stick, but from the way I saw it it seems to have been said in jest. No way was it an "attack" on LG. An "attack" would constitute verbal or physical abuse IMO, neither of which happened. (Unless I missed a post where this happened?)

I think once the dust settles and people read it back, then perhaps they will admit that the reaction and following binfest was a bit too much for what was a lighthearted comment keeping very much with the theme of the thread.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
What members? Certain suggests something pretty specific and I can't see anything even remotely offensive

The original post said -

A spate of self imposed bans appearing.
Help me out here - are some so addicted to NSC that they will literally keep viewing and responding to stuff on here UNLESS they are physically banned?

He seemed to be talking about particular people, I just asked who he was referring to!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I've just read the post by Husty that seemed to start it all, and quite frankly I think the reaction is pathetic.

I have never met him, and I know he gets some stick, but from the way I saw it it seems to have been said in jest. No way was it an "attack" on LG. An "attack" would constitute verbal or physical abuse IMO, neither of which happened. (Unless I missed a post where this happened?)

I think once the dust settles and people read it back, then perhaps they will admit that the reaction and following binfest was a bit too much for what was a lighthearted comment keeping very much with the theme of the thread.

And did you read his posts from later in the evening, when he told me to f*** of the forum?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

I never reported his post - his banning is nothing to do with me - Suggest you ask the mods why he was banned?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
And did you read his posts from later in the evening, when he told me to f*** of the forum?

No. I was referring to the initial comment on page 5 or so, and the following binfest about how Husty shouldn't "attack" fellow NSC members. What happened after page 10 is a mystery to me as I don't have time to read through it all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The original post said -

Help me out here - are some so addicted to NSC that they will literally keep viewing and responding to stuff on here UNLESS they are physically banned?

He seemed to be talking about particular people, I just asked who he was referring to!

Spielberg and Falkor.

edit - It's in moderating decisions. Are you sure it's wise to continue posting in this thread?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oooo k. Time to move on me thinks.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I never reported his post - his banning is nothing to do with me - Suggest you ask the mods why he was banned?

I never said it was. I just thought his comment was said in jest keeping in theme with the thread title, and the reaction to that was a bit much. Just my opinion though:)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The original post said -

Blimey ... there have been people on here for ages asking for self imposed bannings, it's nothing new. So someone finds it a bit odd (as indeed I do) that peeps have to ask to be banned in order to kick the habit or whatever it is. Not sure what the objective is in going at it .... if I could be bothered I could find 3 or 4 people that have asked, the mods generally post it so it's no secret

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Well before making a judgement about him maybe you should read everything he posted yesterday

I don't have to. What he said after that doesn't change the fact that what he initially said was said in jest, and the reaction was over the top. That's all.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I can't actually believe that all this has gone on today to be honest - and can't believe that 23 pages on you lot are still dragging it all up and ripping each other to shreds.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That's a spate? Why should I stop posting here?

He means just on this thread mate. Better to let it drop off the front page, as it's now getting a bit boring. Nothing personal like.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Are you the master fisherman or do you really feel the need for everyone to constantly re-explain everything to you at every instance!?

:fishing:

Because I ask people to explain clearly sarcastic posts aimed at other members? Why the f*** should I not ask questions of people clearly taking the piss? I thought you told me I needed balls and here you have to fight your own corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here