Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Login problems / NSC account hack alerts

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
At bottom waiting for edpm.ebay.com... Appeared a few times during the lag.. ebay advert at the bottom of the page

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've also noticed that some of the posts have been sub-standard quality wise recently. Any chance that could be looked at? Willing to help. Going to bed soon.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
For the third time today - all plugins and non-default code is currently turned off.

Hi Bozza, as i dont understand anything remotely to do with computers and i am always pleasently surprized when i manage to log on successfully - will there be a point when notifications work again - sorry if a dumb question

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To try and counter some security threats and performance issues, I deployed CloudFlare onto NSC a week or so ago. Largely it seems to be working well.

However, one aspect of the service is that in effectively intercepts all traffic to NSC's servers, tries to filter out the bad stuff, and send on the good stuff. An effect of this is that all users arrive at NSC with the IP address from CloudFlare. There is no real issue with this until people fail to login correctly. When this happens, it can affect all users as, to NSC, all users look the same as they share an IP address. This can cause you to be locked out even if you are entering your password correctly.

If this does happen to you, please be patient, give it a few minutes and try again.

Checking the 'Remember me?' box so you remain logged in, is another way of ensuring this doesn't impact you.

I'll be looking at finding a more permanent solution to this over the weekend.

Is there ant reason why nsc isn't set up on a secure server https?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No notifications is this still the case ? Also if I try to post a new thread it doesn't give Me the search if already posted option ??

ALL modifications are currently turned off. My concern is that the security issue may have come about through a vulnerability in one of the modifications.

I will get a chance to look at it, but until I can do so properly, I'm not willing to just chance turning everything back on and hoping it works out.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
ALL modifications are currently turned off. My concern is that the security issue may have come about through a vulnerability in one of the modifications.

I will get a chance to look at it, but until I can do so properly, I'm not willing to just chance turning everything back on and hoping it works out.
Ok thanks Bozza.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sticking this again as I know a fair few people have been getting emails over the last day or so.

To repeat: it is highly unlikely anyone is attempting to compromise your NSC account. Unfortunately, the reports are triggered by a 'feature' of the Cloudflare protection we now have in place. I'm attempting to remedy this as my top NSC priority (which means I'll start looking it at about 9pm tonight when the rest of daily life is sorted).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Keep having tapatalk problems - intermittently says the forum cannot be contacted when trying to quote, or sometimes reply to a thread. It seems to be the longer / busier threads.

This problem does not occur for me when logging in from a PC, and as stated is intermittent with Tapatalk.

Keep having tapatalk problems - intermittently says the forum cannot be contacted when trying to quote, or sometimes reply to a thread. It seems to be the longer / busier threads.

This problem does not occur for me when logging in from a PC, and as stated is intermittent with Tapatalk.

I had the same problem on Sunday - I assume it is the same issue as in Bozza's OP. I think Tapatalk logs you in each time you open the app, rather than leaving you logged in (as happens on a web browser with 'remember me' ticked). Therefore if someone has entered their password incorrectly and is subject to the time delay before being allowed to attempt to log in again, we all are, and Tapatalk is unable to log you in.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I had the same problem on Sunday - I assume it is the same issue as in Bozza's OP. I think Tapatalk logs you in each time you open the app, rather than leaving you logged in (as happens on a web browser with 'remember me' ticked). Therefore if someone has entered their password incorrectly and is subject to the time delay before being allowed to attempt to log in again, we all are, and Tapatalk is unable to log you in.

Same problem for me with Tapatalk. Seems to work ok and then I try and log in again later and am met with a blank screen with just North Stand Chat on the top line. Desk top works fine and I'm sure its not a Tapatalk problem because other accounts I use it for log in straightaway.

Jul 7, 2003
Not sure if this is relevant but I was trying to open a thread and my AV blocked a malicious Java attack on my PC. Straight after this NSC went down for 20 minutes so it does seem to be something of a coincidence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I noticed yesterday evening any post with a £ sign in was corrupted with the £ sign showing as a black diamond with a white question mark inside. This happened before when the site was hacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here