Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn’t it worth the club just writing off his contact at this point?
Not really.

£3million accounts amortization loss + maybe £2million wages is a hefty write-off.

We must at least try to offset some of that with a loan fee and partial wage payment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so when he joined and he said he saw himself as jesus coming to save us , what he actually meant was that he was coming to take a lot of money off us , not really offer much and worry about his hair ..................a bit like the original jesus really but the jury is still out on him...:rolleyes: ffs....been had.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not really.

£3million accounts amortization loss + maybe £2million wages is a hefty write-off.

We must at least try to offset some of that with a loan fee and partial wage payment.

Wonder if the £40k a week he is getting in the MLS is covering his wages or if we are topping up?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Over £40k a week is staggering.

There was a moment early on when Locadia did look like he could do something here. That ended when GP shifted him out to Germany.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Maybe he can still come off the bench for us occasionally and make a difference? Probably more of an impact sub than Ali-J? Really grasping at straws here...

You really are, if he cannot even be included in the starting 11 in the MLS and they don't want him, then......yes you are.

I feel your pain though, he has been an utter waste of money, no redeeming qualities or glimpses of promise, a complete duffer.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's quite remarkable that footballers reach an "elite" level of their sport, a tiny fraction of a percentage of people who aspire to do so in the world. Then they discover their passions lie elsewhere. He wants to be a superstar DJ, Bale wants to play golf, Kemy Augstien wanted to become a human blimp, etc

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I remember when we signed him and there was a Dutch football expert on TalkSPORT talking about him and some other Dutch geezer Newcastle had signed. He couldn't believe our scouts had signed off on him - or the Newcastle bloke (who's name I cannot remember). He said he would bet his mortgage that he would be a flop...

So that guy's comments have legitimately aged well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In his first EPL games my early judgement was that he seemed heavy, sluggish, with an awful first and second touch.

It turned out he was worse than that.

Bloom fleeced for £60m on Locadia and Jahanbakhsh in fees, wages and employers national insurance. Great scouting.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Locadia will always stick in my memory for walking out into the centre circle before a match to introduce himself just after we signed him.

It was a real Hollywood superstar moment and I thought "wow,we are really going places now,this must be what happens when we sign premier League superstars"

I admired locadia for making the effort to announce himself to the fans in such a manner,but unfortunately he turned out to be very shit.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He also announced that he'd be using us as a stepping stone to being signed by a English CL/top four club within a couple of years.
How's that going DJ Jurgs?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
He also announced that he'd be using us as a stepping stone to being signed by a English CL/top four club within a couple of years.
How's that going DJ Jurgs?

My favourite was when he missed a simple header in a key game and after the game said he wasn't very good at headers... (shame he didn't own up that he actually was pretty shit at most things)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just was never going to make it as a Prem striker. He didnt have the skillset. Not his fault our recruitment team went for him, but without pace, intelligent positioning, the ability to head the ball, and shooting accuracy (to name a few of his weak points) he was never going to cause Prem defences a problem. HIs touch and passing got better towards his later games with us but that doesnt make you a successful striker.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My favourite was when he missed a simple header in a key game and after the game said he wasn't very good at headers... (shame he didn't own up that he actually was pretty shit at most things)

Not for the player to own up to his failings tho eh? Up the the people who are paid by the club to assess such things during the pre-recruitment process

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here