[Albion] Locadia Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I always fail to understand that when a golden opportunity is handed to you.. like signing for a Premier League club who genuinely want to help you improve and further your career, you toss it away.

I can only guess he's not the sharpest tool, and is surrounded by people equally as feeble of mind. :down:

If I met him out I would ask him if he wants to thank the Bha charitable association for feeding his family for the last three years. And would he like to now return the favour by giving some of the 6m he's earned to help those less fortunate than himself ( which would be about 94% if the world population)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I always fail to understand that when a golden opportunity is handed to you.. like signing for a Premier League club who genuinely want to help you improve and further your career, you toss it away.

I can only guess he's not the sharpest tool, and is surrounded by people equally as feeble of mind. :down:

Or just a bit lazy. He was seen as the new Ruud van Nistelrooy before he had even made his PSV debut. Over his six seasons in PSV he went in and out of the side without ever really improving his perfromances. I can understand the idea behind signing Ali J but Locadia was just a very poor signing.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We have to accept no one will take him, maybe he can still do something for us. He did ok in that 3-0 Watford game. Tbf I'd still put him before the current Connelly!

Now that is an interesting option IMO....Connelly out on loan,playing regularly (hopefully)with Locadia staying with us.......Both having a lot to prove.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
It really isn't his fault we bought him and agreed a salary at the values we did. He may well be trying his hardest. I also think Martial for MU looks disinterested, but I'm pretty sure that is just his demeanour, likewise with Locadia most likely. Don't really see the vilification of the player/person in cases like this, he hasn't fulfilled the potential we thought he had, but he may well be just as gutted he hasn't cut it.

To get to this sort of level a player has to have worked their nuts off and sacrificed an awful lot, you don't get here without a shit load of hard work. It's not worked out. When you're fishing for the uncut diamond, got to accept you're going to end up with a few ordinary rocks.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Locadia did ok for a few games. The Watford one as already mentioned, where if I recall we had Glenn / Locadia / Maupay / Andone all having match time (four forwards, heady days).. and I seem to remember him scoring and having a good game at QPR in the cup, and a few of us were hoping that was a corner turning moment.

As a human being now, his confidence must be rocked. He must feel unwanted as a player and that has to have an effect.

We should either bring him back or release him on a free.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
There is quality there, I hope we get a fee.

4 goals in just under 6 full Bundesliga games is great. He has also scored the same amount of goals for us than Connolly in a similar amount of appearances.

Someone will pay up, surely?

He had a short purple patch where he scored three goals. Either side of that his contribution was average at best. Hoffenheim sussed him. His loan spell ending early in the January window is telling.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It really isn't his fault we bought him and agreed a salary at the values we did. He may well be trying his hardest. I also think Martial for MU looks disinterested, but I'm pretty sure that is just his demeanour, likewise with Locadia most likely. Don't really see the vilification of the player/person in cases like this, he hasn't fulfilled the potential we thought he had, but he may well be just as gutted he hasn't cut it.

To get to this sort of level a player has to have worked their nuts off and sacrificed an awful lot, you don't get here without a shit load of hard work. It's not worked out. When you're fishing for the uncut diamond, got to accept you're going to end up with a few ordinary rocks.

Totally agree. For the money we spent on him, in PL striker terms that was a punt. As was Bissouma. Some will work out, some not.

I've no reason to dislike the bloke. It didn't work out. Best for all concerned he takes a hit on wages and starts at a new club to rebuild his career .... (he says hopefully).

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

I might have missed something but aside from not being very good at football, what did he do to 'toss it away'?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I might have missed something but aside from not being very good at football, what did he do to 'toss it away'?

Lazy, disinterested, more interested in DJ-ing, and then got carted off - where instead of playing out of his skin to get a recall he was happy to try just hard enough to get a place on the bench. He was good enough for us to pay £14,000,000 for him, yet became not good enough to get in the first team of a bunch of noddies.

That, to me, is tossing it away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
TB got well and truly stung singing this muppet and Ali J - pound for pound probably the worst couple of transfers in BHA's history, and has very likely shaped out transfer policy for the foreseeable.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
TB got well and truly stung singing this muppet and Ali J - pound for pound probably the worst couple of transfers in BHA's history, and has very likely shaped out transfer policy for the foreseeable.

Transfer wise we have a pretty good batting average overall though.

If a couple are unsuccessful, that’s how it goes. They can’t all be great signings.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Ali J is doing OK.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£14M for Locadia and £17M (?) for Jahanbakhsh - that £31M we'll never see again, plus several million in wages (probably two million or so a year each, so that'll be about £50M altogether). Look at that backwards, forwards, sideways, down, whichever way you like - it wasn't the recruitment teams finest hour! Jahanbakhsh we'd been after for years, apparently :)facepalm) - but Locadia was a bit of a panic buy. Thank fvck our recruitment team didn't persuade Vincent Janssen to sign as well!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This

Ali J is doing OK.

An occasional squad player with 2 goals and 1 assist across two different managers? On his wages and fee? Not really.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
£14M for Locadia and £17M (?) for Jahanbakhsh - that £31M we'll never see again, plus several million in wages (probably two million or so a year each, so that'll be about £50M altogether). Look at that backwards, forwards, sideways, down, whichever way you like - it wasn't the recruitment teams finest hour! Jahanbakhsh we'd been after for years, apparently :)facepalm) - but Locadia was a bit of a panic buy. Thank fvck our recruitment team didn't persuade Vincent Janssen to sign as well!

A panic buy because with Kemy gone we had nobody to spin the discs at the Christmas Party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports