[NSC] Locadia stop slating him.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Locadia's just become a simplistic NSC trope now IMHO, nice easy target for a cheap and nasty pile-on. Doubt many of us actually have many memories of his game play. Include myself in that. Lasting impressions from that memory of a few years ago was that he wasn't yet fully switched on to the rhythm and pace of the EPL, and seemed a bit hazy on the mechanics of the offside laws. Doesn't make him a bad person or a bad player or a figure of fun. Deserves a second chance IHMO. Much like Andone never got. Andone could have done a very decent job for us this season, given the opportunity. Or even a half-chance. But Benny Knows Best :shrug:

This.

Realistically, he’ll be bench warming all season. I’m glad Zeqiri will be getting the game time he needs instead of warming our bench every match. Happy for Locadia to take up that role instead.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hoping we don't need to use him to be honest, but given the limited options, it makes sense to start him against Swansea and see what he can do.

But we know what he does against lower league opposition like Millwall & Coventry in the cup, he tends to smash it (see Ali J last season). More than happy for him to do the same whilst we save Maupay, Welbeck, Trossard (and even Connolly) for the EPL.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Locadia's just become a simplistic NSC trope now IMHO, nice easy target for a cheap and nasty pile-on. Doubt many of us actually have many memories of his game play. Include myself in that. Lasting impressions from that memory of a few years ago was that he wasn't yet fully switched on to the rhythm and pace of the EPL, and seemed a bit hazy on the mechanics of the offside laws. Doesn't make him a bad person or a bad player or a figure of fun. Deserves a second chance IHMO. Much like Andone never got. Andone could have done a very decent job for us this season, given the opportunity. Or even a half-chance. But Benny Knows Best :shrug:

His last game against Saints(?) he looked like he didn’t give a shit BUT I did see quite a lot from him playing in CH’s very negative set up to suggest he is nowhere near as bad as most on NSC choose to think.

I am hoping he gets another chance, it’s not like we’re blessed with an array of stunning PL quality strikers, for what it’s worth I’d be just as happy for him to play in place of Connolly for a few games to see how he does.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter said this about Locadia in the press conference yesterday but reported today.

“He’s only 27. I spoke with him on Thursday and he’s approaching the peak of his career. That’s quite exciting.

“He can take inspiration from Shane, of course, because anything is possible.

“Clearly, he has got the talent and the ability.

“He’s had a tough time of it in terms of loan but he’s grown from the experience and used it well to develop as a person.

“We know his qualities and understand his attributes.

“Now it’s about him trying to be on the pitch, carry on with his training, enjoy his football, play with a smile on his face and we can see a good player.”

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19571303.jurgen-locadia-can-take-inspiration-shane-duffys-return/

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't his goals against Arsenal and Everton count? How about the goal against Derby in the FA Cup?

Wikipedia has screwed me right over there. They reckon 3 goals in 34 games.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We should get dispensation for JL to play in phones - he’d be unstoppable with some rare groove blasting into his lugholes. And if he comes good he can lay down his own terrace anthem. Win win.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I seem to remember him having a pretty decent preseason before he was shipped out orginally, looking forward to seeing if he has anything to offer. Can't be worse than a player made of crisps, one that blows hot and cold and another that really should have gone out on loan a few seasons ago.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I remember a very composed finish to earn a point against Arsenal on boxing day, I remember an excellent turn and finish away at Millwall in the cup - I'm pretty sure this guy can finish given the service. He's in our squad, I'll support him, here's hoping he gives it his all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's in our squad, I'll support him, here's hoping he gives it his all.

So will I. I will just say though that the four strikers in our first team squad for the next four months (at least) are not the four I would have chosen from the options available, and leave it at that!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I remember a very composed finish to earn a point against Arsenal on boxing day, I remember an excellent turn and finish away at Millwall in the cup - I'm pretty sure this guy can finish given the service. He's in our squad, I'll support him, here's hoping he gives it his all.

I hope so, but I doubt it. I remember Ashley Barnes getting 'groaned at' / 'booed' by the Amex faithful before he took a penalty (I Think he had missed a few before) against Blackburn early on at the Amex so we don't have the most patient fans !

scooter1

How soon is now?
This, and we’re paying him regardless so we may as well see if we can get some return

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I hope so, but I doubt it. I remember Ashley Barnes getting 'groaned at' / 'booed' by the Amex faithful before he took a penalty (I Think he had missed a few before) against Blackburn early on at the Amex so we don't have the most patient fans !

Some of our fans can be real tossers,what good was / is booing our own players ever going to achieve? Get behind the boys FFS!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If this guy just keeps doing **** all for a few more weeks he'll be considered world class - for the first and last time in his career - on NSC.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Watching the Albion try to spin Locadia being in the squad as a good thing is one of the most horrendous things yet in this era of sickly PR and guff coming out of the club from all angles.

Having said that - I hope he somehow comes good.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If this guy just keeps doing **** all for a few more weeks he'll be considered world class - for the first and last time in his career - on NSC.

As you only arrived on here when GP was appointed I am guessing you have formed your opinion on one game for the Albion?

Some of us saw him look OK in Hughton’s anti football when crossing the half way line and not defending very well was a reason to be dropped.

Have you actually seen the goals he did score for us?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Watching the Albion try to spin Locadia being in the squad as a good thing is one of the most horrendous things yet in this era of sickly PR and guff coming out of the club from all angles.

Having said that - I hope he somehow comes good.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Given how we failed to sign a striker you think our manager slagging off a player we do have is the way to go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports