Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Window.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont actually think we need anything either, maybe a covering centre half, but thats it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would we be better saving our money and bringing the kids through?

this. no point bringing in loans when there are players here that should step up. if they dont, we know they need to be replaced for next season.

Disagree, we have a cb to challenge GG but OG needs to play him. Hard to drop your club captain though for a younger better player

hard but the sign of strong manager. no one, especially the captain, should get in the team on poor performaces.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hindsights great, but..I believe one of our worse deals was letting Craig Noone leave, at the the time the belief was we had three good wingers, one had to leave, it now looks like we let the wrong one go.

I don't know about that. With Palace and Sunderland both sniffing around Buckley in the window there are at least 2 clubs who think he can cut it in the Prem. As for Lua Lua I think he's progressing and should lock up that left attacking position in Oscar's 4-3-3. In a year's time I think there will be Prem interest in KLL too.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
So how long does this loan window last? As in do we have to sort out all our loans by the end of Feb or end of Mar or there is no end to having loans?

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
I know that Tony Bloom travelled to France yesterday morning to see about a loan signing, although he wouldnt reveal to the person that spoke to him at Gatwick who the player was

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know that Tony Bloom travelled to France yesterday morning to see about a loan signing, although he wouldnt reveal to the person that spoke to him at Gatwick who the player was

Strange as we can only sign loan players from the English Leagues in the loan window.

Perhaps a free agent, or a player at an English club with a French agent ???

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have no idea about loan signings, but I think that if the play offs go away, we are going to have to look seriously at the CB positions. Over the whole of the season they have been very good IMO, but Upson will be 35 and Greer 34 during next season and we are going to have to replace them both before too long...

This team is about to break up IMO and that is why I think it was a real shame that we did not go for it a bit more in January...

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
if Oscar does not fancy Orlandi Lopez and remy in the midfield 3
and he does not appear to another crofts replacement

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The most obvious is a centre back to back up or compete with Greer and Upson. I would also say an attacking midfielder capable of scoring but have we now got him with Dale Stephens.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Only another injury will there be a need for a loan. I cannot see anyone any good swapping one bench for another !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Top priority = CB.
Next = winger.

Should have been signed on permanent deals in Jan tho'.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
---------------- Brezovan ---------------
Calderon --- Dunk ---- Loan --- Chicksen
March --- Agustien ---- JFC ------ David
----------- Rodriguez --- Obika ----------

--------------- Kuszczak ----------------
Bruno ------ Greer --- Upson ----- Ward
Buckley ---- Ince --- Andrews --- Lua Lua
------------ Orlandi ---- Ulloa -------------

The above would suggest we have cover in every position with the exception of centre half.

Throw in the likes of CMS and Hoskins I don't think we need more numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here