Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Striker a must

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
How many goals have Barnes and CMS scored between them since christmas we are hardly going to miss them, why the urgent need for a striker,put Orlandi up front with Ulloah and play JFC in a 4-4-2 simples innit

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Ok, I know I will get panned for this, but a certain Mr Owen has been linked in the past. We seem to have good relations with Stoke, he has been told he has no future there. They are not going down and their season will just trundle to a very uninteresting end. Is it beyond the realms of possibility he could come in for three months???..It would be the perfect scenario if you ask me. He wouldn't need asking twice in front of goal, would be our Phillips, only better.
Owen would be too much of a gamble.

For now we have little option but to stick with Ulloa, my concern is Gus clearly has little to no confidence in the Developement Squad players so we will end up playing Buckley and KLL out of postion.

We need to take a gamble now and splash out on a good Premier striker like Bent in order to push on for the last ten games. We are so close to something fantastic and it would be a great shame to blow this opportunity that we have put ourselves into.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How many goals have Barnes and CMS scored between them since christmas we are hardly going to miss them, why the urgent need for a striker,put Orlandi up front with Ulloah and play JFC in a 4-4-2 simples innit
And then if Ulloa gets injured? Play two players out of position? We need a striker simple as that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ok, I know I will get panned for this, but a certain Mr Owen has been linked in the past. We seem to have good relations with Stoke, he has been told he has no future there. They are not going down and their season will just trundle to a very uninteresting end. Is it beyond the realms of possibility he could come in for three months???..It would be the perfect scenario if you ask me. He wouldn't need asking twice in front of goal, would be our Phillips, only better.

This is true but I do fear that Mr Owen would sooner eat his turd than play in the championship (although he has not future in the Premiership). An interesting stat flying around on NSC last night was that during both our games with Bolton, we scored 1 goal from 41 shots, this stat would not be possible if we'd had an 'Owen' or even a 'Phillips'. These players never lose they're eye for goal or their natural predatory instincts; they just lose they're ability to get on the end of any chances. I would be more than happy for Mr Owen to play in our team touching the ball maybe half a dozen times in a game & putting the ball away when he gets the chance. We do need two loan strikers now. . . . Owen & Guidetti?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Owen's first love for quite a few years has been his horses. Stoke was as far as he was willing to travel away from his stables. No chance he will play for BHA.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And then if Ulloa gets injured? Play two players out of position? We need a striker simple as that.

We actually need two or three now.

Don't forget after the 28th (I think it is) we cannot get anyone else on loan if the Argie gets injured. Even with him staying fit, Poyet needs some options, and he has still to prove himself in England (although he is progressing well).

I only hope TB coughs up some extra money and takes a bigger punt on promotion.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
The only problem with a loan signing is that they are not likely to be match fit as they have just been sitting on the bench, so could take a few games to pick up match fitness.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Owen's first love for quite a few years has been his horses. Stoke was as far as he was willing to travel away from his stables. No chance he will play for BHA.

Maybe, but that was when he thought he was going there to play for a season, if not more. Maybe if Mr Bloom put a couple of horses in his stable???..As for the traveling, we would only want him to come down for three months. He has probably got access to a chopper, I don't really see the distance being a issue in this day and age. I wouldn't expect he would get the train.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

NO argument from me on that one, kicking his heels at the moment

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calde up front, job done, thread over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here