Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loan signings

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
We very rarely sign players on loan anymore and when you look at what Lingard and Joe Willock did last season it makes you wonder why we haven't really gone that route.

The two main reasons I can think of is you have to give them back and the loans we had in our first season Ulloa and Brown didn't work out at all well.

There's plenty of quality players like Dan James or Ryan Sessegnon for example who I think could improve us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loans if it gets us a player for a season that we couldn't in a million years expect to buy. If the modern day equivalent of Wayne Bridge popped up, I wouldn't say no!

If Liverpool decided Andy Robertson wasn't wanted around the dressing room for a while, or Chelsea suddenly decided they didn't need Ben Chilwell, or United slapped a ridiculous price on an unwanted Luke Shaw but couldn't find a buyer - well, we'd be daft not to.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We very rarely sign players on loan anymore and when you look at what Lingard and Joe Willock did last season it makes you wonder why we haven't really gone that route.

The two main reasons I can think of is you have to give them back and the loans we had in our first season Ulloa and Brown didn't work out at all well.

There's plenty of quality players like Dan James or Ryan Sessegnon for example who I think could improve us.

Brilliant effort :) .

After we just sold the loan ranger (Ben White) and incidentally made a cool 50 m . We have shed loads of players eager to prove why they should be in the Brighton 1st team .

edit. The players you named are all decent !

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
No thank you, l really don't think that we have any need for them now. Ok in desperate times, but when the going gets tough they often go missing.

For arguments sake Tammy Abraham or Dan James on loan are you still saying no? If so I'm baffled they'd improve us so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here