Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we done with loan players?

Are we done with loan players?

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We also signed Caicedo,A current Equador international who in 12 months has yet to make his league debut

The club is a mess

Caicedo is 20, has only been training with the team since January , made his cup debut v Spurs - where he looked decent - and now been on the bench multiple times. He also has Bissouma, Lallana, Mwepu, Gross, Alzate ahead of him in his position. That seems pretty normal in terms of development.
And the model of loaning young players before introducing them to the squad is something nearly every PL club either already do or aspire to do - so I guess that makes them a mess too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We HAVE splashed the cash!

We buy players and them and then loan them out to Stoke, Belguim and other far flung places! Thats why things have gone tits-up

We also buy players every season for big fees or wages who go straight into the team. (Cucurella, Mwepu, Welbeck, Lallana, Veltman) in the last two seasons. They don’t by any stretch all go out on loan although that’s worked for Moder, Sanchez, Alzate of the players who played or were in the squad yesterday.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think it's an avenue of strengthening the side that the Club has overlooked to the detriment of the team. IMO

I'm not sure Palace fans will be cursing the fact that Gallagher will probably not be with them next year , a solid cup run and mid table this year is proof of his worth to them.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Caicedo is 20, has only been training with the team since January , made his cup debut v Spurs - where he looked decent - and now been on the bench multiple times. He also has Bissouma, Lallana, Mwepu, Gross, Alzate ahead of him in his position. That seems pretty normal in terms of development.
And the model of loaning young players before introducing them to the squad is something nearly every PL club either already do or aspire to do - so I guess that makes them a mess too.

Thank you for taking the time to reply

The poster i was replying to stated the club have not splashed the cash.We obviously have but not in the right areas! If you add up the money spent on Zeqiri/Sima/Caicedo/the japenese lad and the polish lad,we could have strenthened in the right areas! I am not talking about £40 m strikers

I very much doubt we will see Sima or Caicedo in the PL next season

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
We also buy players every season for big fees or wages who go straight into the team. (Cucurella, Mwepu, Welbeck, Lallana, Veltman) in the last two seasons. They don’t by any stretch all go out on loan although that’s worked for Moder, Sanchez, Alzate of the players who played or were in the squad yesterday.

What "fees" did we pay for Welbeck and Lallana then? And they are hardly regulars!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What "fees" did we pay for Welbeck and Lallana then? And they are hardly regulars!

“Fees or wages” in my post.
Your point I think was that the club was a mess and that we only bought players who went out on loan .
Lallana played the 12th most minutes last season and the 9th this.
Welbeck was 13th last season by minutes played and 17th this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The poster i was replying to stated the club have not splashed the cash.We obviously have but not in the right areas! If you add up the money spent on Zeqiri/Sima/Caicedo/the japenese lad and the polish lad,we could have strenthened in the right areas! I am not talking about £40 m strikers

25m for those 5 players. It’d only take one of them to make it as a PL regular to pay that back in terms of value. Time will tell if this happens.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

No worries. I think Caicedo will make his debut this season and be in the squad next season . (Sima - he’s barely played so hard to judge what he will be doing next)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No worries. I think Caicedo will make his debut this season and be in the squad next season . (Sima - he’s barely played so hard to judge what he will be doing next)

Sima, I suspect will be loaned out again. He was unlucky to be injured for so much of this, so fully expect the club to do something similar with him.

Will be interesting to see how Caiceido, Mitoma, Kozlowski, Khedra, Van Heck, Ferguson, Ella, Roberts, Sarmiento, and Zeqiri are considered for next season.

Will some make it to the 1st team squad? Certainly would be interested in seeing something of the first 5 of those listed.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Sima, I suspect will be loaned out again. He was unlucky to be injured for so much of this, so fully expect the club to do something similar with him.

Will be interesting to see how Caiceido, Mitoma, Kozlowski, Khedra, Van Heck, Ferguson, Ella, Roberts, Sarmiento, and Zeqiri are considered for next season.

Will some make it to the 1st team squad? Certainly would be interested in seeing something of the first 5 of those listed.

I agree

I am sorry i sound so negative .Sarmiento of course has made his debut and was unlucky to be injured. Zeqiri looked good in his cameo appearances last season. Khedra and Mitoma could provide the pace and guile that is missing up front.Ferguson and Ella look big units.

As you say it would be nice to see at least some of them given a chance

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree

I am sorry i sound so negative .Sarmiento of course has made his debut and was unlucky to be injured. Zeqiri looked good in his cameo appearances last season. Khedra and Mitoma could provide the pace and guile that is missing up front.Ferguson and Ella look big units.

As you say it would be nice to see at least some of them given a chance

Also forgot about Scherpen and Taylor Richards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here