Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LMA Statement

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Well, with this thing carrying on to Thursday at the least, at least we haven't had a boring close season :flounce:

And, then when it all gets sorted, it's going to be a very exciting month or so, with everything packed into a short time :ohmy:

Never dull being an Albion fan :albion2:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Looks like this is going to run and run.
I have to say that I think a lengthy and protracted dispute will do more harm to Poyet's reputation than Bloom/Barber's.

Poyet was fairly clear on his position at the club after the Playoff semi and whilst talking to the players re handling the retained list. "I might not be here next season"
His position seems a little different now.

No case to answer? The club have managed to compile a 500 page report.
That's a hell of a lot of waffle, if there truly is no case to answer.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Didn't seem sufficiently bothered about reading the document to miss out on the BBC gig last night. But seriously 500 pages!

And what's him being on telly last night got to do with the availability of his professional body representative?. It looks like the club aren't handling this as well as they would like. For heavens sake, not even abiding by your own employee handbook. That's basic stuff. As for the spin spin spin and leak leak leak going on too...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Absolute shambles. Talk about misplaced sense of importance from Barber and the board... what the **** does Gus care about this completely pointless 'suspension', he's leaving anyway. Whoever handled this sorry episode is operating way out of their pay bracket. it could and should have been resolved weeks back with a little pragmatism, i'm sure both parties could have agreed a deal if one party (the club) hadn't tried to act tough.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
no, this sounds like someone who wants to find excuse to delay and frustrate the process. the LMA statement is exactly what you'd want from your union rep: its all managements fault. perfectly fair too imo that he has time between leave and the appointment but surely he could have notified them of the revised dates in advance?

This

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't decide if I want to give more weight to the LMA as they are more neutral than Gus or BHA, or if I see them as 'on Gus's side' so to be given as much credence/cynicism as any comment from Gus or BHA.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Looks like this is going to run and run.
I have to say that I think a lengthy and protracted dispute will do more harm to Poyet's reputation than Bloom/Barber's.

Poyet was fairly clear on his position at the club after the Playoff semi and whilst talking to the players re handling the retained list. "I might not be here next season"
His position seems a little different now.

No case to answer? The club have managed to compile a 500 page report.
That's a hell of a lot of waffle, if there truly is no case to answer.

8 cahrges to face according to an ealier leak. Say 30 people interviewed and two pages of evidence on each charge or instance, its not that hard. I have been involved in employer matters that have gone into 2000 plus pages.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Absolute shambles. Talk about misplaced sense of importance from Barber and the board... what the **** does Gus care about this completely pointless 'suspension', he's leaving anyway. Whoever handled this sorry episode is operating way out of their pay bracket. it could and should have been resolved weeks back with a little pragmatism, i'm sure both parties could have agreed a deal if one party (the club) hadn't tried to act tough.

FFP is to blame here.
Any deal would be likely to put a big hole in our player budget. Can't see Gus buying his way out of his contract.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
the thing I really do not understand is that some of the charges will be the same for all three, so why has the suspension on Tanno been lifted and not the others.
otherwise all the charges against all three are different wich sort of says to me they (the club) have been gunning for all three but can't pin anything on Tanno, maybe because he has done nothing
as I said the whole thing is a ****ing mess
I now would not trust a thing coming from any of them
this really is a sad state of affairs

What I also dont understand is have the 3 done these crimes over a period of time without anyone saying anything to them. Surely misdemeanors would be highlighted at the time. More worryingly, were they recorded over time with the intent of suspension at the best opportunity

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can't decide if I want to give more weight to the LMA as they are more neutral than Gus or BHA, or if I see them as 'on Gus's side' so to be given as much credence/cynicism as any comment from Gus or BHA.

LMA like any union is wholey on the side of their member. they will paint everything the club does in a negative light.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
no, this sounds like someone who wants to find excuse to delay and frustrate the process. the LMA statement is exactly what you'd want from your union rep: its all managements fault. perfectly fair too imo that he has time between leave and the appointment but surely he could have notified them of the revised dates in advance?

found time to moonlight on BBC last night, didnt he?

He did notify his availability as did the lma. The club chose to start without him and publicly said they disputed his point of process that now seems to be exercising his right to be treated in accordance with the company's own handbook.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Who advise who of revised dates? The way I read the statement, they told Gus the date of the meeting late, Gus told them as soon as he could (allowing for time to confer with his representative). If you mean the representative, the again, the club only concluded their investigation last thursday, the LMA representative had to wait for them to complete their investigation before they even started to discuss dates for a meeting.

found time to moonlight on BBC last night, didnt he?

It was probably booked a while ago, and a couple of hours taken out of his late night, late in the day after he would have been expected to have finished his regular job at amex that day.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
LMA like any union is wholey on the side of their member. they will paint everything the club does in a negative light.

sad to say thats not very difficult at the moment

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
FFP is to blame here.
Any deal would be likely to put a big hole in our player budget. Can't see Gus buying his way out of his contract.

I think they'll be delighted you're pointing the finger at FFP. We've seen a huge amount of spin on FFP to try and ensure it's seen as the reason behind any unpopular decision like ticket prices. Why should Gus buy his way out of his contract? He may well have accepted a cheap and quick offer to walk away, but not now he's been 'suspended' and basically treated like some sort of Albion enemy combatant.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If Poyet is an active member of LMA then yes he has the right to be represented and if his representative is not available, then yes the club must adjust the agreed date.

Gus h a legal team presumably to represent him does he not? Is Bevan a lawyer?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He did notify his availability as did the lma.

Who advise who of revised dates? The way I read the statement, they told Gus the date of the meeting late, Gus told them as soon as he could (allowing for time to confer with his representative).

need to read between the lines. i'm sure he did notify his availablity, but was that when the meeting was scheduled, on the 13th seeing the size of the documentation, first thing this morning (first working day after leave), lunchtime or an hour before the meeting? "told repeatedly" means they could have sent two emails, one from Gus, one from LMA. really, we dont know, they havent said an awful lot but people are reading alot into it.

of course, equally, Gus could have told them the minute he had a date his rep couldnt attend, and the LMA been in constant communication with the club struggling to get them to agree to a new date, but the club have just stonewalled them and ignored this hoping force him to attend.

we dont know, but my other halfs dealings with unions and HR process tells me which way to lean judging this.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Gus h a legal team presumably to represent him does he not? Is Bevan a lawyer?

If Bevan is a lawyer or not is irrelevant , if Bevan however is a representative of the LMA is totally relevant

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
If the written summary extends to 500+ pages then it can surely only mean one of two things: one, the range of alleged breaches is extensive, or two, the breach is limited in nature but has required several people to record their version of events. If it's the latter, that suggests the investigator may have asked each of the players for their recollection.

This would mean there is potentially an allegation of a breach affecting a number of people.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here