Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah - but Brady has extended the 15% to 30% then 50% so he clearly isn't that fussed about how many letters are in he still isn't going to announce that the threshhold haed been reached as he appears to be changing the threshhold on a whim. Here again are the published rules:

It's 15%. There is no "discretion" on the 15%. There is no "immunity". Read the rules and you will see just how much of this Brady is making up as he goes along.
that briefing is just the latest version of the party leadership rules. those rules change as the 1922 committee wishes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The outgoing home secretary says she is resigning with the greatest regret:
all quite backhanded in its content. others have stayed on for more serious incidents. reading the rest, i wonder if Braverman doesnt have any support for her flavour of immigration control, or sees change ahead. interesting how this one goes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
all quite backhanded in its content. others have stayed on for more serious incidents. reading the rest, i wonder if Braverman doesnt have any support for her flavour of immigration control, or sees change ahead. interesting how this one goes.
I imagine she was asked to resign after her outburst in parliament yesterday.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah - but Brady has extended the 15% to 30% then 50% so he clearly isn't that fussed about how many letters are in he still isn't going to announce that the threshhold haed been reached as he appears to be changing the threshhold on a whim. Here again are the published rules:

It's 15%. There is no "discretion" on the 15%. There is no "immunity". Read the rules and you will see just how much of this Brady is making up as he goes along.
The Tory rules state she can not be removed for a year, I imagine he is making sure it is watertight before he changes the rules.

He seems pretty sensible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Starmer is a such a sarcastic dick head, look forward to seeing he copes as PM which looks inevitable. Zero confidence in him personally, unpleasant smug man always sniping and no redeeming features at all imo.

I am not a fan of Liz Truss btw.

Rock and a hard place
What’s your “zero confidence” based on?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Is there any chance they’ll lose the vote tonight? What happens if they lose?
Apparently the SNP were not planning on voting as it is a devolved issue, but now it’s a confidence vote they are voting. Is that likely to make a difference?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The outgoing home secretary says she is resigning with the greatest regret:

"Earlier today, I sent an official document from my personal email to a trusted parliamentary colleague as part of policy engagement, and with the aim of garnering support for government policy on migration.

"This constitutes a technical infringement of the rules. As you know, the document was a draft Written Ministerial Statement about migration, due for publication imminently. Much of it had already been briefed to MPs. Nevertheless it is right for me to go.

"As soon as I realised my mistake, I rapidly reported this on official channels, and informed the Cabinet Secretary. As Home Secretary I hold myself to the highest standards and my resignation is the right thing to do.

"The business of government relies upon people accepting responsibility for their mistakes.

"Pretending we haven't made mistakes, carrying on as if everyone can't see that we have made them, and hoping that things will magically come right is not serious politics. I have made a mistake; I accept responsibility; I resign.
And coincidently, what an honest and honourable way of getting your self out of the middle of a shitstorm

And who says 'leopards can't change their spots' :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
C6563C01-1512-4542-91EF-A3E623F65C15.jpeg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So Liz Truss's chief of staff, Mark Fullbrook still owns a 10% stake in Sir Lynton Crosby’s lobbying CT Group, who's clients include tobacco firms and teh Saudi government.

Is it just blatant in your face corruption now, where it doesn't really matter what you do or what conflict of interest maybe involved?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Same old story. MP’s who know a coup is coming and want out start leaving and the remaining dregs who have their eye on the top job hang on and see if they can bluff their way into a leadership challenge. Repeat every few months.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is there any chance they’ll lose the vote tonight? What happens if they lose?
Apparently the SNP were not planning on voting as it is a devolved issue, but now it’s a confidence vote they are voting. Is that likely to make a difference?
I don’t see them losing, but who knows anymore?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I haven't understood the references to Tofu on this thread so I had to look it up.

Apparently Braverman used the phrase "Tofu eating wokerati".

Christ. Facepalm. And she's meant to be a serious politician.

She deserved the sack for that phrase alone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I haven't understood the references to Tofu on this thread so I had to look it up.

Apparently Braverman used the phrase "Tofu eating wokerati".

Christ. Facepalm. And she's meant to be a serious politician.

She deserved the sack for that phrase alone.
I imagine she did get the sack. Asked to resign. All too much of a coincidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here