[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Fracking vote now de facto vote of confidence in Truss' government. Insane.

Vote for law to ban fracking proposed by Labour.

Tory MPs subject to a three line whip to oppose a ban on fracking (completely against their manifesto pledge).

Desperate shambles.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
download.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Until we see how Labour do in power, it’s all guesswork as to whether they’ll do a better job isn’t it?

I am all for them giving it a go but I do not have your 100% confidence that they’ll do a much better job
from cameron calling an "advisory" referendum to the present day, realistically, how could anyone be worse than these callous, courrupt incompetents?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Anyone even considering voting for them again should watch this, consider what's happening and take a step back. I posted on this thread about 4 hours ago about this subject, I honestly didn't think my opinion of them and their supporters could get any lower. Well, it took 3 hours and 49 minutes to do so. Bravo.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree with those saying ……

Those seeking to draw equivalence between Starmer being “smug” and the performance of the Truss government are publicly admitting to an astonishing lack of critical reasoning and probably need to have a good look at themselves because they’re the reason this country is going to pot.

How can Truss make such a spending commitment about the pensions lock? Surely we’re supposed to be waiting for this budget statement?

The disagreement and pathetic machinations of this party are dragging us all down with them. They deserve political oblivion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fracking vote now de facto vote of confidence in Truss' government. Insane.

Vote for law to ban fracking proposed by Labour.

Tory MPs subject to a three line whip to oppose a ban on fracking (completely against their manifesto pledge).

Desperate shambles.
Incredible

Stat of the day ...

Inflation is now higher than Lizzy's approval rating

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

:shrug: Why would they worry about losing the Tory whip? Those Tory MPs who had the balls to vote with the courage of their convictions rather than being bullied by Truss (how can you allow yourself to be bullied by her?) would at least have some chance as an Independent in a GE. At least they would garner some respect from their constituents.

They won't though. We will see the snivelling, cowardly bastards do her bidding in order to prop her up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports