Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm not accusing anybody on here, but I don't like the media attitude to Angela Rayner. She is someone who left school at 16, pregnant and without qualifications. Her mother couldn't read. She hasn't had the educational advantages that most in parliament have, but this doesn't make her stupid, just less refined in her grammar etc. We all spend a lot of time complaining that we are run by a political class of people who proceed from PPE at Oxford, to being SPADs, to being candidates, to being MPs without ever having a taste of anything outside of that bubble. Then, when somebody who has worked for a living, and who talks like a large part of Manchester does, comes through despite the disadvantages she was born into, she is villified for talking and reacting differently to the political classes. If we want representative democracy, we should applaud different voices, not pearl clutch when, instead of 'being most disappointed in the actions of the honorable gentleman', they call someone they think is a scumbag, a scumbag.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All this effort

Have to say the dignity, compassion and gravitas incorporated within her apology was far removed from the shouty, rabble like response from the likes of Reeves and Rayner yesterday.

Not a wind up. The frothy mouthed looks on those two yesterday was very scary indeed. I give Starmer his due, he was relatively reserved.

And not so much as a nibble :lolol:

Hope this helps A Beginners' Guide to Internet Trolling (y)

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm not accusing anybody on here, but I don't like the media attitude to Angela Rayner. She is someone who left school at 16, pregnant and without qualifications. Her mother couldn't read. She hasn't had the educational advantages that most in parliament have, but this doesn't make her stupid, just less refined in her grammar etc. We all spend a lot of time complaining that we are run by a political class of people who proceed from PPE at Oxford, to being SPADs, to being candidates, to being MPs without ever having a taste of anything outside of that bubble. Then, when somebody who has worked for a living, and who talks like a large part of Manchester does, comes through despite the disadvantages she was born into, she is villified for talking and reacting differently to the political classes. If we want representative democracy, we should applaud different voices, not pearl clutch when, instead of 'being most disappointed in the actions of the honorable gentleman', they call someone they think is a scumbag, a scumbag.
Stato, I'm with you on this, would never describe myself as a Labourite but my Amy (who is) has spent a fair bit of time with Ms Rayner over the last couple of years, she describes her both as a nice person but who doesn't suffer fools gladly. She probably is a champion to many men and women probably not part of the NSC demographic.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This.

Your comment is a lesson for us all.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Caller on Nikki Campbell this morning made me laugh - she said she knows 7 Tory members, 6 voted for Sunak, 1 voted for Boris. "But Boris wasn't running" says NC, "Oh I know, he crossed out the other two names, wrote Boris and sent it back".

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
hear, hear. there's a lot of snobs that can't cope with her

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There are many MPs from modest backgrounds conducting themselves in a manner that fits their role and never feel the need to descend to cheap insults. Such positions should demand decorum in office, rather than resort to unprofessional outbursts.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Joking aside, how long has she got?

And in the meantime what's all this doing to the economy?
I'll be surprised if she is still in place by Friday and I think I read on here she needs to last to mid Jan not to be the shortest ever serving PM.

And the economy is still heading down the shitter, same as for the last 3 years. Liz simply turned the turbo charger on, Hunt turned it off again, but it's still going downhill fast, just not quite as fast as last week :wink:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We need a general election. You can’t keep voting in new leaders and binning them after a month. The whole process is broken and the country is being run like the X Factor

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
In her talk with Chris Mason last night, Truss’s blink rate was extremely high indicating the amount of stress she is under. Discussions with the 22 committee chair aside, I think she copped out of being exposed in parliament yesterday for health reasons. I can’t see her mind dealing with what is going on around her. I couldn’t see anyone in industry with that level of pressure lasting five minutes. i am surprised her old man hasn’t got her to Jack it in for her health.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
There are many MPs from modest backgrounds conducting themselves in a manner that fits their role and never feel the need to descend to cheap insults. Such positions should demand decorum in office, rather than resort to unprofessional outbursts.
Opposition MP starts taking Trussbucket to task and Tories start getting upset. You always know no when this is the case as posters start getting very sanctimonious.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
In her talk with Chris Mason last night, Truss’s blink rate was extremely high indicating the amount of stress she is under. Discussions with the 22 committee chair aside, I think she copped out of being exposed in parliament yesterday for health reasons. I can’t see her mind dealing with what is going on around her. I couldn’t see anyone in industry with that level of pressure lasting five minutes. i am surprised her old man hasn’t got her to Jack it in for her health.
Huh? PM said in the House that the PM was absent "attending to urgent business" not that she had a 'eadache. Let's not start making excuses for the vacuus airhead. She wanted the job. She got the job. She f*cked it up and showed us in less than a week she posessed none of the attributes required to govern the country.

If she wants out, she knows where the door is. I'm not getting the violin out for her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here