Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I literally set up a stocks and shares moneybox account last week. Only put 150 in but shall I stop payments going in?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

franks brother

FdvsHydXgAAT3Xo.jpg

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Since i retired i have set the 1st of each month to deal with and check out finances. I’m making sure that i buy a bottle of malt on the 30th as I have no doubt will need reviving and calming down afterwards

My suggestion is buy the malt, drink it in one session, miss the 1st and wake up on the 2nd . Hopefully things will be calmer in a months time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I literally set up a stocks and shares moneybox account last week. Only put 150 in but shall I stop payments going in?

The advice would be to drip feed monthly into equity funds. Better now that the top of the market.

Then the age old dilemma:

To invest in US dividend income funds (on an accumulation basis) which is in stalwarts that generate cash.

Or in riskier funds, that may well shine over time.

Alternatively, [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] would say do neither and invest in a Vanguard Lifestrategy fund, letting the steady experts decide.

He’s currently in the 19th hole here:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/conrad-algarve.en-gb.html?auth_success=1
but should be along to advise.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
My suggestion is buy the malt, drink it in one session, miss the 1st and wake up on the 2nd . Hopefully things will be calmer in a months time.

i may even buy a case or three of malt, one whilst i still think i have some money and second before malt becomes the new currency in place of cash and investments … for sure it would disappear fairly swiftly as are my investments but at least i’d have had some pleasure in its demise rather than the sadness of watching the pension drop 10%, then 20% then 30%.

Malt whisky anyone?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if your cost averaging, regular saving, carry on. buying when prices as low, look to the long term 5-10years, not this week.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I would guess the Germans probably have a word for ‘when you think it can’t get any worse and then it does’. Cameroon and Brexit, followed by Johnson followed by Truss. Surely we’ve reached the rock bottom now. Surely?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I would guess the Germans probably have a word for ‘when you think it can’t get any worse and then it does’. Cameroon and Brexit, followed by Johnson followed by Truss. Surely we’ve reached the rock bottom now. Surely?

****zundwankers?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not sure about rock bottom, The tories are seemingly capable of 20 000 leagues under the sea.

Dave Spameron wasn't exactly a high bar to start with, and its been an ever steepening view of the abyss ever since

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I never realised Ready 4 Rishi's sense of humour: he's said that he won't be attending conference, because he wants the Prime Minister to have her moment :lol:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Invested in cash savings like my daughter’s, it would not have fallen.

If at some stage you’d taken the decision to choose to invest, then it depends on the funds you or your adviser chose.

People who didn’t diversify, investing in US tech stock funds for example, have seen huge falls over the last 11 months. Investors who opted for reliable dividend income funds have fared pretty well.

It was in Aberdeen financial growth fund in 2015 but it was moved and I can't remember where it was moved to. It's in a plan with Forresters. To be honest it doesn't really matter as there's sod all I can do about it!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Cameron was the worst PM in history according to some clever swines.

I suspect the bungle**** overtook him.

Having heard that Truss rose through the political ranks because of a number of Cameron promotions of her, he takes the lead again. What a whopper of a throbber.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I think Liz Truss is doing her best with the near impossible hand she was dealt by the Labour party 12 years ago, made worse by a rabidly left wing press all too eager to put the boot into any Tory government.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well I think Liz Truss is doing her best with the near impossible hand she was dealt by the Labour party 12 years ago, made worse by a rabidly left wing press all too eager to put the boot into any Tory government.

Not to mention the woke markets and leftwaffe financial analysts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here