Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ms Truss was a Remainer who changed her tune when she came to serve in a government that was resigned to trying anything it could to push Brexit through Parliament.

When that process dragged on for years without progress, calls grew for a second referendum on EU membership. In an interview with LBC’s Eddie Mair, Ms Truss was caught out when trying to dispute the case for another vote.

Mr Mair: “What about people who have changed their minds on Brexit?”

Ms Truss: “I don’t think people have changed their minds.”

Mr Mair: “You have.”

Ms Truss: “I have, that’s true...”

From an article in the Independent.

I’m reminded of a Malcolm Tucker quote - she’s so dense light bends around her.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Post on that then :shrug:

I did about half n hour ago :facepalm:

So why can’t it be on the main board …I had to wash my hands after as I didn’t realise it was in The Bearpit

3D689228-0DF9-440D-BF1E-40AFFE78AF43.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Isn’t that one in the pit full of trolling and the lingering stench of several banned users?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1574122578473525250[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Proof that the policies are not working, after 3 days?

Really.

To be fair, she and Kwarteng managed to sink the pound in about 15 mins after the announcement of their tax cuts for millionaires. Considering she said yesterday;

"I'd like to do some more of those"

I'd say the trajectory is pretty predictable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m reminded of a Malcolm Tucker quote - she’s so dense light bends around her.

When it comes to Truss and Kwarteng, I'm reminded of another.

"Laurel and f*cking Hardy! Glad you could join us. Did you manage to get that piano up the stairs OK?"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How about moving the “is Keir credible” back to this board…I mean we all want to post about what a jolly good chap he is

Done.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, I wonder if there should be two threads...

1. The Tory bashing thread
2. The Labour basing thread

...so everyone who has had enough of the same old people having the same old debates with the same old conclusions (spoiler: no-one has ever "won" and no-one has ever said "blimey Mr NSCer who blindly supports the other side - you have a valid point and have changed my mind. I'm going to move to your side now.") can easily ignore it all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This approach and neo liberal take over of the old Conservative Party was planned prior to Brexit, that was simply a means to end. No surprise cheap immigration is part of the mix, it always was.

Unfortunately a couple of things have happened.

Firstly they needed a populist stooge to let it happen, but I'm not sure even the ERG realised what a terrible PM he would be.

Secondly of course, the pandemic. It may well have worked with Johnson in charge, but we are down to absolute dregs of the original revolutionary leaders.

They will do all sorts of damage over the next year, but will inevitably get kicked out at the next election. No idea what will replace them or whether it has a chance of success.

Viewing this as simply left v right misses the point. The Conservative party have got themselves into an absolute mess and need an extended time out of power to heal themselves.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This approach and neo liberal take over of the old Conservative Party was planned prior to Brexit, that was simply a means to end. No surprise cheap immigration is part of the mix, it always was.

Firstly they needed a populist stooge to let it happen, but I'm not sure even the ERG realised what a terrible PM he would be.

Secondly of course, the pandemic. It may well have worked with Johnson in charge, but we are down to absolute dregs of the original revolutionary leaders.

They will do all sorts of damage over the next year, but will inevitably get kicked into oblivion at the next election.

(2) The Pandemic was the game-changer.

Away from us tiny band of chattering classes on nsc, the average UK voter invariably puts the economy and their own finances as number one.

£400b of resulting QE (not criticised as unnecessary by any major party) i.e. national debt and the servicing of that debt, anger about lockdowns, difficulty seeing GP’s plus a new queue for cancer treatment, led to a firefighting.

Similarly the CDU in Germany saw their vote plummet and loss of the Chancellory, Trump was booted out, Italy and Sweden have dumped controlling coalitions, and Macron lost control of parliament.

Incumbent administrations paying the price.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
(2) The Pandemic was the game-changer.

Away from us tiny band of chattering classes on nsc, the average UK voter invariably puts the economy and their own finances as number one.

£400b of resulting QE (not criticised as unnecessary by any major party) i.e. national debt and the servicing of that debt, anger about lockdowns, difficulty seeing GP’s plus a new queue for cancer treatment, led to a firefighting.

Similarly the CDU in Germany saw their vote plummet and loss of the Chancellory, Trump was booted out, Italy and Sweden have dumped controlling coalitions, and Macron lost control of parliament.

Incumbent administrations paying the price.

Giorgia Meloni wins comfortably. Far left media out in force with tbe usual name bashing. Maybe the radical left should look at themselves in why they got destroyed tonight? That would be a good starting point. A victory for conservatism. Lets toast my friend :drink:

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

They will do all sorts of damage over the next year, but will inevitably get kicked out at the next election. No idea what will replace them or whether it has a chance of success.

Viewing this as simply left v right misses the point. The Conservative party have got themselves into an absolute mess and need an extended time out of power to heal themselves.

I voted my remain. My biggest concern was not leaving the EU, I wasn't a huge fan of the organisation. My biggest fear was a break up of the Union and the prospect of right wing ideology making a huge comeback. Endless Tory governments as the media try to guide the public psyche. 40% of the vote would be enough.

I wondered that I may have got it wrong and was happy to be so. But this latest shift seems to be confirming the worst of my thoughts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here